Cold Water Fish Recommendation

akhlaq768

What sort of cold water fish do you guys recommend which doesn’t cause hazy in the water
Want the water looking clean

Dave125g

Fishlore Legend
If the tank is overstocked and/or under filtered it will look hazy.

Before any recommendations we would need to know the tank size.

Rtessy

Fishlore VIP
Well, considering there aren't any coldwater fish that turn the water cloudy, your options are only limited by your tank size

lilabug4545

Well Known
I think that white cloud mountain minnows would be your best bet in a tank that small. Unfortunately, fancy goldfish need at least 75L per fish. White cloud minnows are very pretty, and I think you'll like them!

Dave125g

Fishlore Legend
The goldfish will over stock that, as stated, resulting in a cloudy tank. White clouds are nice. What temperature are you thinking your tank will be? With no heater it would be what ever temp your room is. Around 70-75F?

OP
A

akhlaq768

There will be no heater just at room temp
Are those fishes above all suitable for the temp range?

rainbowsprinkles

Well Known
You don’t have to do goldfish. They are messy and if you aren’t up for regular maintenance can cause messy water. I love White cloud mountain minnows. rosy barbs and some loaches can do room temp water. Also Some native US minnows are really pretty- I always wanted to do a rainbow dace tank but they are hard to find.. they need good space though. but also what Dave125g said. Cloudiness depends on stocking..

Edit: just saw the 46 l ..I first read as gallons.. I’d go with white clouds.. there are a couple of different varieties..

White clouds seem sensitive to acclimation but once acclimated seem to live forever.. I have some that are 6 yo. any one have tips on increasing survival with new white clouds? Maybe a stress or temperature thing..? next time I’ll need to ask about store water temp and put them in a similar temp quarantine. Maybe floating them to acclimate is too fast if they keep them in tropical temps. Anyone else have mortality issues in the beginning with them?..

Rtessy

Fishlore VIP
rainbowsprinkles said:
White clouds seem sensitive to acclimation but once acclimated seem to live forever.. I have some that are 6 yo. any one have tips on increasing survival with new white clouds? Maybe a stress or temperature thing..? next time I’ll need to ask about store water temp and put them in a similar temp quarantine. Maybe floating them to acclimate is too fast if they keep them in tropical temps. Anyone else have mortality issues in the beginning with them?..
Haven't personally had any, but I haven't lost anything I've drip acclimated from acclimation stress (knock on wood)

Dave125g

Fishlore Legend
akhlaq768 said:
There will be no heater just at room temp
Are those fishes above all suitable for the temp range?
All but the paradise fish. I'm pretty sure they'll need it a bit warmer. Are you gonna fishless cycle, fish in cycle, or instant cycle this tank?

New Threads