Cold Saltwater Coral Setup

Awaken_Riceball_
Greetings Everyone!

I am in the midst of research for a unique, rare cold saltwater coral setup. The information is hard to come by, and I do not know where to purchase fish and coral specifically suited for this type of environment. In addition, there are very few YouTube videos pertaining to this setup. I honestly love a challenge, and I am very technical minded; therefore, I will appreciate any technical information as well to have a successful setup!

I have never setup a saltwater aquarium; however, I am a very fast learner, and I am willing to undergo all the obstacle challenges that I will face when doing this type of setup.

I understand that a major equipment is a Chiller, but I am having trouble finding information on the temperature range, lighting requirement, and species that will thrive in this setup! I will appreciate any information!

I am currently looking into starting at a mid-range size aquarium, 90G.

Thank you for any information to get going with this setup!

stella1979
This... is AWESOME!!! I really hope you're successful and will continue to share this idea and future build of yours.

I wish I had info to share. Perhaps you've already seen this, but in case you haven't, perhaps this article and it's references will open some new avenues for you.

ryanr
Hi, 'cool' concept

A coral reef was recently discovered off the coast of Victoria (Australia)

Out waters are cooler than those up north, so you might find some interesting info about this discovery out.

Awaken_Riceball_
Thank you Stella and Ryanr for the support and great information to start! I went to the Georgia Aquarium and saw their cold water marine life corals thriving, and it just blew me away that it is possible! I am hopeful, and if successful, then I will most definitely share! The question remains, where to purchase these specialized fish and corals?

ryanr
Hi, I have no idea where to buy them, but I would suggest contacting your local marine society. They may know....
It's also very possible that given the lack of demand, they may not be commercially available.

stella1979
Perhaps you could contact the GA Aquarium and ask for a resource to purchase cold water corals from.

I'll say, you've got me intrigued, so I'll see if I can find a seller as I look more into the topic.

Awaken_Riceball_
ryanr said:
Hi, I have no idea where to buy them, but I would suggest contacting your local marine society. They may know....
It's also very possible that given the lack of demand, they may not be commercially available.
Great idea! I have not thought about that, but it does make sense about the lack of demand!

stella1979 said:
Perhaps you could contact the GA Aquarium and ask for a resource to purchase cold water corals from.

I'll say, you've got me intrigued, so I'll see if I can find a seller as I look more into the topic.
I'll do that given the information is so scarce, and I appreciate your help on this as well! I'll contact GA Aquarium if we cannot find a seller.

Top Bottom