cockatoo cichlids near Richmond Va.?

Discussion in 'Cockatoo Cichlid' started by FishVixen, Apr 3, 2010.

1. FishVixen

FishVixenValued MemberMember

Hi, I have a 55 gal NPT with at least 25 caves, 3 juvie angels, 6 red eyed tetras, 1 DG (that I've had forever), 2 SAE's. Tons of plants. PH 6.8, 0-0-5 readings. I would like to get a trio of cockatoos so does anyone know a place in or near Richmond Va. to purchase them. I do not want to spend an arm and leg for a trio of fish. I have a bredding pair of kribs in a 29 and they're great fun as long as there is no other fish in the tank with them.

2. Butterfly

ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

Check to see if you have any aquarium clubs near you. It's easier and better if you can get them from a hobbyist. Their usually healthier.
    OR
    See if a local LFS will order them for you.
    Carol

3. OP
    OP
    FishVixen

Haven't found a fish club in Richmond yet, But great idea. I may have to break down and order them if no responces.

4. Butterfly

Since I know nothing about Virginia I googled Aquarium socitys in virginia and got this   don't know how close or far it is to you :)
    Carol

5. OP
    OP
    FishVixen

At the other end of the state. 3 to 4 hour drive depnding on traffic. Which may not be too bad every now and then. They are the closest I've found.

6. Butterfly

I understand believe me :) before we moved we traveled three hours to an aquarium club and to their auctions which are awesome.
    Carol

7. OP
    OP
    FishVixen

Before I travel that distance for an auction I'll wait for warmer weather. LOL

8. Butterfly

Most clubs have one in the spring(ours has had their's already) and one in the fall :) You can get awesome stuff for a good price.
    Carol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice