cockatiel

sasha

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hi PPL
               we have a new tiel we got him 2 days ago, just a strange thing about him when the water tap is running he comes off my shoulder for a drink, he has 2 types of water bowls in his cage but doesnt touch them, we got him from the pet shop as told in previous post, is this normal lol we think its just a new novelty game for him but we cant run to the tap every time he is thirsty, he is an excellent bird he spends about half an hour in his cage ,the rest of the time he is on someones shoulder like he is just now when im typing this

Thanks Sasha

newbie101

Well Known Member
Reaction score
That's great that he get's so much time out of his cage! A lot of birds are lonely because their owners don't take them out very much.
If you've only had him 2 days he might still be getting used to the "scary" new bowls. I've noticed smaller birds are usually a little afraid of new things in their cage, and maybe he just needs a few days to get brave enough to drink out of them. But most parrots, including cockatiels, don't need to drink very much because a lot of them are from fairly dry areas.
He sounds like a really cool bird. Good luck!

katy68did

Reaction score
Hi all.I have had my cockatiel almost a year and he was a baby when I got him.Never owning a bird before I bought a book and spent hours on the puter learning about them.(also depending on my sis who used to raise all kinds of birds.) In everything I read it said to leave the new bird to his cage for the first week or so to adapt to his/her surroundings.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom