COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Welcome to our tanks! ;D

Re: FLBettaCouple's tanks

Tank 1: Platys Tank:
10 gallon tank - Home to Belle (Sunset Fire Mickey Mouse Platy), Minnie & Ariel (Blue Micky Mouse Platys), Mr. Taffy (Gold Twinbar Platy) and 3 Gold Twinbar Platy Fry
- Temporary home of 3 red fancy male guppies. -

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started

Tank 2: (Guppies Tank)
10 gallon tank (Divided) - 2 Red Geissen Guppies on one side; 1 male and 3 female Red Fancy Guppies on the other side.

Tank 3: Aslan's Tank:
10 gallon tank - Home to Aslan (Red/Blue/Purple Male Veiltail)

Aslan (08.04.07)

Aslan got a new "Bubble River" - it'll be in the next vid.

Tank 4: Sweetie's Tank:
2.5 gallon minibow tank - Home to Sweetie (Blue-Green Metallic Female Veiltail) {Rescue Betta}

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started

Tank 5: Big Teddy Bear's Tank:
6.6 gallon minibow bookshelf tank - Home to Big Teddy Bear (Bluish/White/Pink Feathered Male Over-Halfmoon Butterfly)
(He's our 'Special Needs' Betta - swim bladder disorder)

Tank 6: Betta sp. Mahachai tank:
10 gallon tank - Home to Amidala and 4 of her babies.

with 5 babies (08.04.07)

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started

Tank 7: Angel's Tank:
5 gallon hex tank - Home to Angel (White Opaque Female Delta Ray)

Angel (08.04.07)

Tank 8: Mickey's Tank:
5 gallon Hex Tank - Home to Mickey (Red Male Double Tail Combtail)

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started

Tank 9: Kairi's Tank:
2.5 gallon mini-bow - Home to Kairi (Steel Female Double-Ray Crowntail)

RIP: Super Mario (Red/Blue/Purple Male Veiltail Betta)
RIP: Jericho (Red Male Halfmoon, Black & White Butterfly Betta)

RIP: Daisy (Gold Twinbar Platy)

RIP: Splinter, Donny, Leo (Otos)
RIP: Kairi (Cory Cat)

capekate

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years

Ohh now I see the new photos... posted while I was replying. Hey! I like the idea of the rubbermaid for a tank.   It works!!...
but I have to say on Kairis (sp?) bowl.... since its so small wouldnt she be better off without the castle in it? She would have more swimming space... I had 8 cents in the very same vase/bowl for a day when I got him, and without anything in it, just some stones and a air stone/tube, he seemed to have enough swimming space for a short time.
But anyway... you have some beauties there!  ;D and that big teddy bear!! wow... he is something!!  ;D You should be proud of your new lil additions!

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started

Thanks for your compliments, we're proud of our growing family. Eventually I'd like to have links up for movies for them all as well as the pics.

I'd take the castle out, but she's actually gotten attached to it, she loves swimming in and out of the holes and when she's tired and i've got the tv on or am at the computer, i have the vase turned so she can lie inside it and sleep in relatively minimal light. She'll also dart inside it if she gets startled. Hopefully we can put her in a tank by friday.

hamstermann

Valued Member
Reaction score

thaose are some great tanks! So who's in charge of finding enough Disney related names for everyone?

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started

hamstermann said:
thaose are some great tanks! So who's in charge of finding enough Disney related names for everyone?
Thanks, hope to have all the tanks up & running soon.
LOL. Stacy names some and I name some so we've got quite the range of names. from video games to disney to movies.

Bonochick

Well Known Member
Reaction score

Impressive fish! That's quite a family you've got going! ;D

bbfeckawitts

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years

WOW! Thats A LOT of fish!!
How old are your 8 platy fry?
I've got eight, they are 2 weeks old tomorrow. I am just starting to see their yellow color. They are ALL Gold twinbars! I don't know what I will do with them.
Just pointing this out "Tank 3: Aslan's Tank:
10 gallon tank - Home to Sora (Red/Blue/Purple Male Veiltail)

His video: @ youtube or @ google video"

Good luck with your 100's of bettas! ;D
Brianna

lolagurl

Well Known Member
Reaction score

adorable i love angel

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started

bbfeckawitts said:
How old are your 8 platy fry?
I've got eight, they are 2 weeks old tomorrow. I am just starting to see their yellow color. They are ALL Gold twinbars! I don't know what I will do with them.

Just pointing this out "Tank 3: Aslan's Tank:
10 gallon tank - Home to Sora (Red/Blue/Purple Male Veiltail)
Thanks for spotting that oops for me. Fixed it now. Our fry vary from a little over 3 1/2 months old to almost 2 months old from 3 batches.

armadillo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score

FLBettaCouple said:
hamstermann said:
Thanks, hope to have all the tanks up & running soon.
LOL. Stacy names some and I name some so we've got quite the range of names. from video games to disney to movies.
Anakin and Amidala. Nice touch.

Don't they mind living in vases? It's quite a vertical structure and I ask myself this question about my mollies in my vertical hex (whether they wouldn't rather swim horizontally). But I know nothing about that fish species, and I always see them in vases in pet shops, so I guess that's OK. Especially considering your aquarium experience (that's a loooot of fish, you must never end taking care of them).

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started

armadillo said:
Don't they mind living in vases? It's quite a vertical structure and I ask myself this question about my mollies in my vertical hex (whether they wouldn't rather swim horizontally). But I know nothing about that fish species, and I always see them in vases in pet shops, so I guess that's OK. Especially considering your aquarium experience (that's a loooot of fish, you must never end taking care of them).
I don't like putting them in the vases, but it's better than the little cups (these actually came in small bags) and more of a "we bought more bettas than we have tanks for" thing . We're moving them to tanks as soon as we can.. hopefully in the next day or 2 we can get Kairi in her tank and Jericho in his tank by next week.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years

Nice tanks, got quite a collection there.

nmwierman1977

Well Known Member
Reaction score

Very nice set ups you have there Dave. All of your babies are beautiful including Anakin and Amidala. I hope they can have some babies for you soon. Natalie

armadillo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score

FLBettaCouple said:
armadillo said:
I don't like putting them in the vases, but it's better than the little cups (these actually came in small bags) and more of a "we bought more bettas than we have tanks for" thing .  We're moving them to tanks as soon as we can.. hopefully in the next day or 2 we can get Kairi in her tank and Jericho in his tank by next week.

Wooooo... (she says, making the 'cute' sound). Am sure they'll be super happy!

Muffymouse

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years

ahhhhhh. Those are some great photos. I love the backdrop on Tank 3: Aslan's Tank: 10 gallon tank - Home to Aslan (Red/Blue/Purple Male Veiltail) Where you are doing the close up of Aslan. =)) made me laugh a little. Sending warm fuzzies your way on the breeding of your new pair. and to the long and happy lives of all of your underwater family.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started

Muffymouse said:
ahhhhhh. Those are some great photos. I love the backdrop on Tank 3: Aslan's Tank: 10 gallon tank - Home to Aslan (Red/Blue/Purple Male Veiltail) Where you are doing the close up of Aslan. =)) made me laugh a little. Sending warm fuzzies your way on the breeding of your new pair. and to the long and happy lives of all of your underwater family.
LOL.. yea, that backdrop has now been replaced with a plain piece of paper wrapped around the filter housing. Aslan had the best time flaring at it so we put the paper there to stop him from seeing it.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom