Cobalt Zebra and Hap Ahlis Fry pix

Allie
The cobalt zebra are being sold today. A lady is buying 19 of them. There are 3 left and we sold 3 already. No one wants the hap ahlis except the lfs.
I find it weird b/c the blue hap ahlI were the first ones I picked out with the yellow labs.
Blue are the zebra and clear is the hap ahlI fry.

Lucy
Oh my gosh, they are so cute!

Martinismommy
This is an overdose of CUTENESS!!!!!!!!!!!! Are these fish hard to breed?

Angela_96
Too cute!

Allie
This is an overdose of CUTENESS!!!!!!!!!!!! Are these fish hard to breed?
The cobalt zebra females are timid so they are harder to breed. Most common types breed every 5 weeks. The rest of what we have are more brave
We are getting some red/blue zebra juvis 1 blue male and 3 of the dark orange Popsicle colored females. They are so much prettier than the regular red zebra. And with look awesome color wise with the rest of the fish.
These are a bit timid too. The less aggressive the fish it seems the harder they are too breed. The harder they are to breed, the more money the fry is worth with Lake MalawI African cichlids. Make sense? ;D

Angela_96
The cobalt zebra females are timid so they are harder to breed. Most common types breed every 5 weeks. The rest of what we have are more brave
We are getting some red/blue zebra juvis 1 blue male and 3 of the dark orange Popsicle colored females. They are so much prettier than the regular red zebra. And with look awesome color wise with the rest of the fish.
These are a bit timid too. The less aggressive the fish it seems the harder they are too breed. The harder they are to breed, the more money the fry is worth with Lake MalawI African cichlids. Make sense? ;D

Great, so that means my kenyI are a dime a dozen... lol and then my labs a quarter....
I had to put that in.. my kenyI are like rabbits.. I am shocked w/ the labs that just came out of nowhere! the one I thought was way to small to hold, the other I thought wouldn't breed w/ the male now they are both holding together from the same male.

I need a tutorial for the sexs of the zebras from you Allie! I am so confused! My husband keeps asking about them and I just say I dunno? I have I know a girl Orange colored adult sized, a pink red zebra adult, ... I am going to put on another post in the cichlid section when I get home from work w/ pics.... I'm just confused!

Allie
I need a tutorial for the sexs of the zebras from you Allie! I am so confused! My husband keeps asking about them and I just say I dunno? I have I know a girl Orange colored adult sized, a pink red zebra adult, ... I am going to put on another post in the cichlid section when I get home from work w/ pics.... I'm just confused!
Yeah there are A LOT of zebra species some found in Lake MalawI and some man made. You see in you Ad Konings book...the zebra species are crazy.

It's not necessarily a good thing to have species which are hard to breed. Most people won't pay too much more for something which won't breed easily. Kenyi, labs, aceI and red zebras are all popular which makes them worth more depending on which species are popular where you live.

Angela_96
Yeah there are A LOT of zebra species some found in Lake MalawI and some man made. You see in you Ad Konings book...the zebra species are crazy.

It's not necessarily a good thing to have species which are hard to breed. Most people won't pay too much more for something which won't breed easily. Kenyi, labs, aceI and red zebras are all popular which makes them worth more depending on which species are popular where you live.[/QUOTE

For some reason the aceI seem unhealthy at the fishstores around here.. that might be another option, if I could get a good trio off aquabid. Honestly here its the mixed tank hybrid special. So to get the real deal would be great.
I think aquabid, and breeders are going to be our buying choices from now on. I am so happy w/ the last purchase we made.

COBettaCouple
They're such cute little ones and those are great pics!

Wyoming_Bound
Cute lil fish, might have to stock the 55gal I'm saving for with some. lol

Allie
Cute lil fish, might have to stock the 55gal I'm saving for with some. lol
Lake MalawI African cichlids are an awesome fish to keep. They are so active & colorful. SOO many species to choose from.

Wyoming_Bound
I really like the blue ones, what kind are they?

Allie
I really like the blue ones, what kind are they?
The light blue are cobalt zebra/Metriaclima Callainos. My favorite zebra type.

Wyoming_Bound
The light blue are cobalt zebra/Metriaclima Callainos. My favorite zebra type.

How big do they get? and are they expesive and hard to find?

Allie
How big do they get? and are they expesive and hard to find?
Here's their profile...we can usually find them around here. They are a bit more expensive but not much.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
jmaldo
  • Question
Replies
Views
MacZ
Replies
Views
Angela_96