Co2 Question 

Goldwing_Don

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Does anyone use CO2 just to lower the PH on your tank?... Not for Live plants. Just to control the PH.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hum.. that's a good question. I don't use co2 but lets see what some others have to say.
carol

Hussain

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I'm Waiting for the answer also , Im going to buy Co2 System from Tunze for freshwater. it cost around 400 euro.

Hope someone who use's Co2 system jump soon, I have some question also, I want to know if my water is very hard about 16 German degree, will the Co2 Lower the Ph.

Thanks.

Nutter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have used diy co2 to lower the PH from time to time when I get new fish that have been kept in substantially lower ph water than my tap water. This is only for acclimating them to my water though as I just run the co2 bottle until it stops producing & the PH has climbed to it's usual level.

GH/hardness won't effect co2's ability to lower the PH. It is KH that effects the PH. The higher the KH reading of the water the more capacity it has to buffer against PH swings.

Goldwing_Don

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thanks Nutter

Hussain

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thanks, I just got my Co2/PH controller with the electronic valve (Tunze) and i will buy the co2 cylinder + the regulator by the weekend. the store didn't have the tunze diffuser so i have to order it from Germany takes time, Instead I'm going to use my power head with a bottle to diffuse the Co2.

Yours,

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads