Co2 Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Goldwing_Don, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Goldwing_Don

Goldwing_Don Well Known Member Member

Does anyone use CO2 just to lower the PH on your tank?... Not for Live plants. Just to control the PH.

2. Butterfly

Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Hum.. that's a good question. I don't use co2 but lets see what some others have to say.
    carol

3. Hussain

Hussain Valued Member Member

I'm Waiting for the answer also :D, Im going to buy Co2 System from Tunze for freshwater. it cost around 400 euro.

Hope someone who use's Co2 system jump soon, I have some question also, I want to know if my water is very hard about 16 German degree, will the Co2 Lower the Ph.

Thanks.

4. Nutter

Nutter Fishlore VIP Member

I have used diy co2 to lower the PH from time to time when I get new fish that have been kept in substantially lower ph water than my tap water. This is only for acclimating them to my water though as I just run the co2 bottle until it stops producing & the PH has climbed to it's usual level.

GH/hardness won't effect co2's ability to lower the PH. It is KH that effects the PH. The higher the KH reading of the water the more capacity it has to buffer against PH swings.

5. OP
    OP
    Goldwing_Don

Goldwing_Don Well Known Member Member

Thanks Nutter :)

6. Hussain

Hussain Valued Member Member

Thanks, I just got my Co2/PH controller with the electronic valve (Tunze) and i will buy the co2 cylinder + the regulator by the weekend. the store didn't have the tunze diffuser so i have to order it from Germany takes time, Instead I'm going to use my power head with a bottle to diffuse the Co2.

Yours,

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice