Co2 Set-up Help Please.

HOWsMom

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Can someone point me to a visual, but not video, guide to setting up CO2.

I have done it before, but am not completely confident in my memory of how to put things together!

CO2.stuff.2.jpg
CO2.stuff.1.jpg

These are the pieces I have from the last time I did C02 - but I don't remember what exactly to do with them, or if I need other stuff ?

Thank you.

Last edited:

Coradee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Giving this a bump up for you hope you get some responses today

KinderScout

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Replace the piping if it's old and ensure it's CO2 grade piping - fit the regulator to the CO2 tank and the regulator outlet to the bubble counter - then a length of tube to the aquarium - fit the dispersal gizmo of choice - either an in tank diffuser or some sort of reactor - depends on the tank - I use a JBL ProFlora Taifun in tank reactor (cheap, easy to use, effective and easy to hide behind plants). Put water in the bubble counter. Get a drop-checker in the tank to measure the CO2 - Columbo do a reasonable easy to use one. Close the outlet to the aquarium - open the inlet to the regulator - gradually increase the co2 to one bubble a second in the bubble counter then let it all settle for a couple of days. Then gradually over the next day or so increase the CO2 bubbles depending on the size of tank. Keep an eye on the PH - measure your KH first (multi - test strip will do) and use the table in the following article to calculate the expected PH for the level of CO2 you're aiming for:
CO2: Striking the balance - Practical Fishkeeping

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom