Reaction score
Experience
3 years

Culprit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
This one on thread size select paintball GCA 320 and it will come with the adapter. Bubble counters are cheap, $5, $6 dollars. You will also need a drop checker and reagent (bromothymol blue).

I want to warn you, going high tech is not as simple as just adding more CO2 and more light. You need balance between CO2, ferts, and light. Its a lot more tricky then low tech. If one thing is a bit off, you will be flooded in algea. You need to be prepared to spend a lot more time in the tank, and to be dosing ferts every day. Also, a 20 oz co2 tank in a 38 gallon tank, will last about a week. So be prepared to be filling them a lot. I have a 20 long with one 20 oz CO2 tank with that solenoid/regulator and I really really wish I had gone with the bigger tank to start. I'm filling it up about every 2 weeks, but in a twice as big tank, you need twice as much CO2, so it will last about a week. In the long run, its cost me far more to fill up the little one every week then it would have been for me to get a 5lb tank

AquaDud

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I'm debating upgrading my 38 gal low tech tank to CO2, I found 2 20 oz paintball tanks in my house so I'm looking for a good regulator with a solenoid and bubble counter for a good price. Also looking for a good way to inject CO2 into the tank. This seems to be the best deal but I dont know if I'd need to get an adapter for it to fit.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077XVFQ46/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B077XVFQ46&pd_rd_wg=1w7kn&pd_rd_r=8AVMQE14NGCY06RH6FCR&pd_rd_w=oBzEn
I’d recommend the aquatek mini c02 regulator on ebay. Very nice quality and fits right on to the paintball tanks. Comes with a bubble counter too. The only thing you’ll need to get is a diffuser and tubing.

TinyWhoop

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
This one on thread size select paintball GCA 320 and it will come with the adapter. Bubble counters are cheap, $5, $6 dollars. You will also need a drop checker and reagent (bromothymol blue).

I want to warn you, going high tech is not as simple as just adding more CO2 and more light. You need balance between CO2, ferts, and light. Its a lot more tricky then low tech. If one thing is a bit off, you will be flooded in algea. You need to be prepared to spend a lot more time in the tank, and to be dosing ferts every day. Also, a 20 oz co2 tank in a 38 gallon tank, will last about a week. So be prepared to be filling them a lot. I have a 20 long with one 20 oz CO2 tank with that solenoid/regulator and I really really wish I had gone with the bigger tank to start. I'm filling it up about every 2 weeks, but in a twice as big tank, you need twice as much CO2, so it will last about a week. In the long run, its cost me far more to fill up the little one every week then it would have been for me to get a 5lb tank
Hello
I have been looking at the same regulator.
How do u like it so far?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 29 65.9%