Co2 Question

Discussion in 'Plant CO2' started by Travis Bradbury, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Travis Bradbury

Travis BradburyValued MemberMember

So I recently got into plants, getting my first ones about a month ago.

My plants aren't really growing much.. just a little bit. My plants are pretty green, but im seeing alot of white(I think its new growth) and brown(dying). I have them in pool filter sand with root tabs.

My plants have grown, but barely. maybe an inch max in a month. I really want to get into plants alot more, and have them grow faster, bunching them up to make it look thick and wide, replanting and watching it grow into something beautiful.
    I know co2 help plants alot, but i know nothing about them, and still learning about plants.

My question is, Why CO2? Why get CO2? what exactly does it offer?
    What are some things i need to know about them?

2. aniroc

anirocWell Known MemberMember

CO2 offers Carbon which plants need to grow. About half of the dry plant mass is made up of Carbon.
    Unlike air, CO2 is scarce under water. Some plants are able to extract Carbon from bicarbonate but all are using CO2 as their source of Carbon.

3. Samuel Velez

Samuel VelezNew MemberMember

Watch diy c02 if youre into budget stuff, it works well up to a certain size. But i believe anything under 55 is fine. I have diy c02 with my tank and im seeing results. Not much, but its been only a week

Whats ur question btw

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice