Co2 Needle Valve And Bubble Counter

acjag

Active Member
Member
Messages
132
Reaction score
33
Location
Pa
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello, I've done a search here on fish lore so I know this is an on going problem with just about everyone that's using Co2. Can anyone or has anyone found a relatively inexpensive needle valve and bubble counter that isn't super sensitive and doesn't leak. I did find a solenoid on Amazon that gave good reviews so I'm comfortable with it being dependable but I can't seem to find a needle valve and bubble counter that customers are satisfied with. Nothing gets connected directly to my tank so both sides have to be ended or double sided I believe is how it's stated. I do understand the concept of you get what you pay for so if it means paying the few extra dollars for something reliable then so be it. I would rather pay the few extra dollars and not have all the anxiety of worrying about my tank while I'm off at work for 8, 10, 12 hours a day..........
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #3
OP
A

acjag

Active Member
Member
Messages
132
Reaction score
33
Location
Pa
Experience
More than 10 years
Seems as though the majority of what is available comes from China. This is one concern I have. No one to stand behind their product.
 

Wraithen

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
4,365
Reaction score
1,715
Location
Colorado
Experience
3 years
acjag said:
Seems as though the majority of what is available comes from China. This is one concern I have. No one to stand behind their product.
Not true. Ive got a needle valve from fabco, but ideal also makes a good one. You have to pay because we need relatively precise instruments for our use.

As for bubble counters, they are ok, but not really necessary. Dial in with your needle valve and judge it off of your diffuser, atomizer, or reactor. I got all my post body kit from diyco2regulator. It isn't exactly cheap, but when using quality components you get repeatability, which is ultimately what you want.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #5
OP
A

acjag

Active Member
Member
Messages
132
Reaction score
33
Location
Pa
Experience
More than 10 years
Wraithen said:
Not true. Ive got a needle valve from fabco, but ideal also makes a good one. You have to pay because we need relatively precise instruments for our use.

As for bubble counters, they are ok, but not really necessary. Dial in with your needle valve and judge it off of your diffuser, atomizer, or reactor. I got all my post body kit from diyco2regulator. It isn't exactly cheap, but when using quality components you get repeatability, which is ultimately what you want.
Thank you, I will check those two names you provided. As for bubble counter though it isn't paramount to have one but from a stand point of dialing in Co2 injection I feel it would be an extremely useful tool. It would be a whole lot easier to judging amounts introduced, for example if 60 bubbles a minute isn't enough or too much I can increase or decrease amounts vs. watching a spray pattern from diffuser it that makes sense.
 

Wraithen

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
4,365
Reaction score
1,715
Location
Colorado
Experience
3 years
If I may, this is a wealth of information from another forum. Its where I researched my post body kit.



I hope it is allowed.
 

-Mak-

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
5,065
Reaction score
3,434
Location
NC
Experience
3 years
Hi, thanks for messaging me! I don't actually use pressurized (I do DIY since all my tanks are nano) but you may be able to find something suitable at Buceplant or Aqua Forest Aquarium's online shops.

I got my glass bubble counter on amazon, I believe it was this one:


Standard airline tubing does fit but the bubble counter is a bit large for it, so you'll notice in the reviews some people have broken it while installing. Boiling the airline tubing will make it more flexible and easier to get on. It may seem like a lot of trouble but I chose this one specifically because it looks nicer than most others out there, as an ADA imitation, except the ADA one is $75.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #8
OP
A

acjag

Active Member
Member
Messages
132
Reaction score
33
Location
Pa
Experience
More than 10 years
Thanks
-Mak- said:
Hi, thanks for messaging me! I don't actually use pressurized (I do DIY since all my tanks are nano) but you may be able to find something suitable at Buceplant or Aqua Forest Aquarium's online shops.

I got my glass bubble counter on amazon, I believe it was this one:


Standard airline tubing does fit but the bubble counter is a bit large for it, so you'll notice in the reviews some people have broken it while installing. Boiling the airline tubing will make it more flexible and easier to get on. It may seem like a lot of trouble but I chose this one specifically because it looks nicer than most others out there, as an ADA imitation, except the ADA one is $75.
Thanks Mak I'll check it out
 

New Threads

Similar Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
157
Guests online
2,106
Total visitors
2,263

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom