CO2: Is the ratio the same?

1. cwb141 Member Member

If I set up a CO2 system in a 10 or 29 gallon tank would I be able to change the metering valve with a direct ratio to a 75 gallon? Would the dissolved CO2 be at the same level, or would the larger tank lose more?

Example: release 4 bubbles/minute in 10 gallon, therefore release 30 b/m in 75 gallon.

2. Regal Well Known Member Member

I believe you can adjust the co2 output for a higher bps in a bigger tank. I don't have a pressurized co2 system (sure would be nice though) just diy which obviously can't be adjusted. On the planted tank forums most people have drop checkers to monitor the co2 in their tanks. They're available on ebay for $10-$15.

Hope you can post some pics of your tanks. I'd love to see them! :)

3. cwb141 Member Member

I'm hoping to have this tank set up and cycling by the end of January. Going to have somewhere between 3.5-5 Watts/gallon at 6,700K and the CO2 system. I plan on going to a local welding supply store to get parts. The guy I talked to says he's sold parts for fish tanks before.

https://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/members-fish-tanks/58826-aquascape-project.html

4. Regal Well Known Member Member

I have wondered if that would be a cheaper way to go. You'll have to share all the details.

I have 260 watts over my 75 gallon so that's 3.5 wpg. It only has diy co2. A bit much to say the least lol. With a real co2 system and my lighting I could grow anything I wanted. Someday...

In the last week I started running the two 6700k bulbs in the morning and and the two 10,000k bulbs in the evening rather than having them all on the whole time. They overlap for a few hours. Since I've been doing this the plant growth has picked up a lot.

I'm off to check out your other thread...