CO2 equipment help!

AustinCP

Hello everyone,
I'm setting up a new Aquascaping tank (only 20 gallons for now) and I'm ordering a Co2 system. It comes with the tank, regulator, solenoid, bubble counter, inline diffuser and tubing.... Do I need to have a reactor as well as the diffuser? This will be switched to a 45-60 gallon tank within the year. Any tips or suggestions are much much appreciated.

Thanks

DanB80TTS

I THINK you can use a reactor as well, I believe the reactor will further dissolve the Co2 so that you don't have a ton of tiny Co2 bubbles being blasted into the tank.

I use the inefficient glass diffuser method on my 20g, if I upgrade I will be looking at better methods so I'm interested to see what gets mentioned in this thread.

AustinCP

I THINK you can use a reactor as well, I believe the reactor will further dissolve the Co2 so that you don't have a ton of tiny Co2 bubbles being blasted into the tank.

I use the inefficient glass diffuser method on my 20g, if I upgrade I will be looking at better methods so I'm interested to see what gets mentioned in this thread.

Awesome thanks. I want to be able to have the proper equipment so when I upsize my tank, I can do so with only the cost of the new tank. Relating to standing question, if I use a reactor is it redundant or overkill to use a diffuser? Or is just an extra precaution to ensure that all the CO2 is properly dissolved? Hard to find info on this specifically. ( maybe I just can't seem to find it)

Silister Trench

It's really redundant and potentially lethal to fish to use both (meaning depending on Co2 source and how much you're injecting Co2 could reach a level high enough to gas your fish) especially on a 20 gallon. You'd need a way to measure and accurately figure out how much they'd both release Co2 into your tank to consider it, and even then... Not needed.

I've found diffusers and certain atomizers annoying to look at compared to reactors that efficiently dissolve Co2 in the water instead of releasing bubbles throughout the water. You just want to find an efficient method of getting Co2 to your plants. An efficient reactor could be equal to ten inefficient diffusers, and vice-versa.

If you get an inline diffuser with your order, use that unless it doesn't work for you. Post link so people can see what exactly your ordered, and maybe someone will have enough experience with the product to let you know if the inline unit is any good in their opinion.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
DanioDanny
Replies
Views
KinderScout
  • Question
Replies
Views
Sauceboat
Replies