Co2 diffuser no bubble/not enough pressure?

KeegansTropiks

Hello all, I’ve recently bought an 8 gallon tank and decided it would be nice to try a planted aqua scape using Co2.

I’m new to all this but I have a general understanding. So both my tanks sit next to each other on a table. I tried to do a joint system so I can control the output to both of my tanks (pictures provided)

To my knowledge The bubble counter should count 1 bubble per 3 seconds (for 8 and 12 gallon tank)

However the diffuser will not let out micro bubble until I adjust it to like 2 bubbles a second. I want to know what’s wrong, is it because I’m using this joint tool.
or is it because my tank is quite far away (1 1/2 meter) and I need more pressure for thr co2??

Any help would be nice thanks!
Below will be pictures of my setup!

MoshJosh

Is the diffuser not bubbling in both tank or just bubbling in 1 tank and not the other? What type of diffuser are you using?

KeegansTropiks

Is the diffuser not bubbling in both tank or just bubbling in 1 tank and not the other? What type of diffuser are you using?
I’m using a glass diffuser on one and a stainless diffuser on the other.
They both bubble when I turn the pressure to 3 bubbles a second.

When I adjust it lower to 1 bubble every 3 seconds they both stop

MoshJosh

Hmm, what is the "working pressure" of the 2 diffusers?

KeegansTropiks

Hmm, what is the "working pressure" of the 2 diffusers?
I am not sure, how do I check??

MoshJosh

I don't know haha I just know that diffusers for sale online have a working pressure, which makes since given the different bubble rate/pressures for different sized tanks.

KeegansTropiks

Okay guys thanks for the comments, I’ve decided to remove the parting valve and run the line direct to my one tank.
Been working fine since then
Okay guys thanks for the comments, I’ve decided to remove the parting valve and run the line direct to my one tank.

The2dCour

To run two tanks you need two outputs or the lines will pressurize differently and the gas will exit the "easiest path".
You want a mess like this:
You must be registered to see images

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
gray_matter16
Replies
Views
APColorado
Replies
Views
Mudminnow