Co2 diffuser location in conjunction with a powerhead?

Nickguy5467

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
so. in this image is have the diffuser directly under my powerhead intake and then blowing the co2 mist downwards and at an angle. is this okay or should i stick to the diffuser at the bottom of the tank? imo i get better coverage this way. but what do i know. im just a noob :p

IMG_20200702_160749826.jpgIMG_20200702_161254918.jpg

KinderScout

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Looks OK to me - whatever keeps the bubbles in the water longer to let the CO2 dissolve. And you're right - will circulate the CO2 as well. Put your drop-checker on the opposite side.

OP
Nickguy5467

Nickguy5467

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
KinderScout said:
Looks OK to me - whatever keeps the bubbles in the water longer to let the CO2 dissolve. And you're right - will circulate the CO2 as well. Put your drop-checker on the opposite side.
i would but i didnt get a lot of the pressure tubing with the kit (or it was long and i didnt know what to expect so i did lame portions). and i mathed wrong with the cuts so its really short except the tube going to the diffuser, can i buy this stuff on amazon or something??

my drip check is just to the right of the powerhead on the other side of the glass obviously with the co2 cartridge on top of the tank because fluval wasnt smart enough to give the stablizer enough room to hang on a tank with a rim. only enough for a rimless tank it seems

KinderScout

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
sorry - I said it looks good where it is - just put the drop checker (the thing you use to measure CO2 level in your water) on the opposite side. You can get tubing if you need it - don't buy airline tubing (made from silicone which CO2 causes to become brittle and crack) make sure it's 4-6mm CO2 tubing made of polyurethane. You'll find it on Amazon or here

OP
Nickguy5467

Nickguy5467

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
KinderScout said:
sorry - I said it looks good where it is - just put the drop checker (the thing you use to measure CO2 level in your water) on the opposite side. You can get tubing if you need it - don't buy airline tubing (made from silicone which CO2 causes to become brittle and crack) make sure it's 4-6mm CO2 tubing made of polyurethane. You'll find it on Amazon or here
i had no idea that the bubble counter went inside the water lol. the picture of the kit shows it right outside, sadly the support base i lame

New Threads