Co2 Alternative Help

1. appcontrol

appcontrol Valued Member Member

So for now i have in plan to buy real co2 bottle and system but in 4-5 months. So i want to know from these bio/disposable co2 systems what is the best and what you would choose:
    1. Dennerle co2 bio 120-http://dennerle.com/en/products/aquarium/co2-fertilization/bio-co2/co2-plant-fertilizer-set-bio-120

This system comes with gell with tablet stabilizatores etc. they tell that for 30 days you will have constant amount of co2, after you empty the bottle they give you their recipe to make your own new diy mix and you put it in that bottle and keep using or you can buy new bottle. (i would get two bottles at start so i can start using new after one is empty)

2. Tetra optimat co2 -
    Tetra CO<sub>2</sub> Optimat

Simple kit, disposable can - hose - bell/diffuser. So once a day you need to press can and fill that bell inside of aquarium with co2 and that's it, it works by some kind of diffusion where co2 is in contact with water and its being consumed by water at some rate. New bottle is around 8$ and you need new every 1-1.5 months.

3. Jbl proflora bio 80 or 160
    JBL ProFlora Bio160

So practically diy system with nicer bottles and system, you get ingredients A and B (they didnt say anywhere but it's sugar and yeast) mix them in that bottle, after max 24h you get fermentation process and you have co2. After i spend two bags of ingredients that i get with this i could probably make my own mixture with firstly writing down how much of ingredients A and B did they put in those small bags.

So those are my options now i want some of these that will be mostly stable i dont want co2 levels go up and down all the time because that's like vip invitation for algae
    So any one of you did try some systems or similar to those? Any suggestions? Any other system like this that i didn't see?

And yes my tank is 22gallon with alot of plants and at this moment i am using liquid carbon and probably with any of those systems i would keep using liquid form too but in half of dosage.

2. finnipper59

finnipper59 Well Known Member Member

The co2 product that you included the url for looks like a good product to try.

3. OP
    OP
    appcontrol

appcontrol Valued Member Member

All 3 have links but you was referring on 1. one probably. I think that one is good only thing is i need to buy it online. I will wait to see are there any other opinions too.

4. finnipper59

finnipper59 Well Known Member Member

Oh...I only saw the one product in blue and white box. From reading the description, it seem like it would feed the plants well.