Cm/ms meter

Simu

Reaction score
Hi guys, so I recently got my ec-meter (EC -963) and the instructions received is kinda confusing. What I want to know calibration I can't seem to adjust it. The reading in RO water stays on 0.01. is that normal. And then what would the correct ms/cm reading be?

Attachments

saltwater60

Well Known Member
Reaction score
It all depends on your water. My TDS was really low and I’d get down to 0 for some time. Then mi e would go up to about 5-6 and I’d change my filters. It can be correct. What’s your waters starting point

Simu

Reaction score
Not really sure how the calibrate it. And what water to use?

saltwater60

Well Known Member
Reaction score
There should be calibration solution to buy.
This is a high side calibration but you’ll want to find one that’s closest to 0 tds because that’s the range you’ll be working in.
https://www.amazon.com/HM-Digital-1000ppm-Calibration-Solution/dp/B001FD6WZ8

Since I see the screw driver I’m guessing there is a set screw you turn to calibrate it. Here are instruction I presume to be similar. If it’s new you should have the manual or can download it. You should do that and read the manual.
Calibrate TDS/EC Meter

saltwater60

Well Known Member
Reaction score

Simu

Reaction score
Thank you I'll get some calibration liquid. Like recomended. Hopefully I'llcome right then.... The ppm meters were a bit more expensive so I was hoping this one will be good. #iguessnot. Thanks so much

saltwater60

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Simu said:
Thank you I'll get some calibration liquid. Like recomended. Hopefully I'llcome right then.... The ppm meters were a bit more expensive so I was hoping this one will be good. #iguessnot. Thanks so much
I looked and the TDS ones are like $15-$20. Honestly I’m not trying to be rude by saying this but if you’re worried about an extra $5 don’t get into a saltwater fish tank.
I did it and if you penny pinch you’ll end up buying equipment 2-3x’s over and it will cost you way more in the long run. Ask me how I know. I did it.

Simu

Reaction score
I know. Been doing well so far. Going for a bigger tank in the new year. I'll look in to one of those refractometer one I've use it before.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom