Clumped fin and tail on betta

Laeticia

So 8 days ago I got a male betta, and he was doing great until yesterday I noticed that his tails seem clumped together, and he has difficulty swimming around. I tried to trigger his flaring, because I thought maybe he’s just resting due to his heavy tail, but his tail won’t spread even when he flare his gills. I did a 30% water change, and gave him a salt dip, he looks better(?) I think. But should I give him further medication or is it just lethargy?

Jo7984

Your details state that you dont understand the nitrogen cycle. You should read up on this.

How long has the tank been running?
What size is it?

It might be best if you complete the emergency template as it gives full overview of the aquarium to know what it might be.

Upvote 0

Laeticia

Tank
What is the water volume of the tank? 3G
How long has the tank been running? It’s been running for quite a while now, but fish here keeps passing.
Does it have a filter? Yes a sponge filter
Does it have a heater? No… however I live in a tropical country so temp should be suitable.
What is the water temperature? Roughly 78F
What is the entire stocking of this tank? (Please list all fish and inverts.) Got some plants and just this one male betta

Maintenance
How often do you change the water? I change it quite frequently, especially recently
How much of the water do you change? 30%
What do you use to treat your water? Rid all dechlorinator
Do you vacuum the substrate or just the water? Just water

I couldn’t find test kits in my country

Feeding
How often do you feed your fish?twice a day
How much do you feed your fish?3 pellets
What brand of food do you feed your fish? No exact brand, but fish shop said it’s specialized for bettas
Do you feed frozen or freeze-dried foods?no. Occassionally peas

Illness & Symptoms
How long have you had this fish? 8 days
How long ago did you first notice these symptoms? Yesterday
In a few words, can you explain the symptoms? Clumped fins and tail, lethargic
Have you started any treatment for the illness? Just aquarium salt dips
Was your fish physically ill or injured upon purchase?Some of its fins are nipped
How has its behavior and appearance changed, if at all? It’s not as active, and fins and tail are bent downwards

Upvote 0

Latest threads

Top Bottom