Clueless Help 

crashEHC

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hey everyone,

I'm clueless how this happened, but I think my catfish has some kind of fungus. I just noticed it today. All of my parameters are up-to-date on my tank info. I have adequate filtration and am not over-stocked. I also do 25% water changes every week.

What could have caused this? How do I fix it? Sorry for the bad pics, but I don't know how to take good pics with my digital. User error, I assure you.

Thanks again,

Attachments

AlyeskaGirl

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Sorry your fish isn't feeling well.

I would start doing daily partial water changes to keep the water clean with Stress Coat.

crashEHC

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Thanks for the link. The "hairy/stringy" portion fell off this morning, but there is still white remittance on the body.

Do you have a link to a write up on Stress Coat? Should I remove my cat into a 5 gal qt?

Thanks,

kloseo

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
i think i would keep doing the partial water changes with the stress coat and wait on qt unless he gets worse, sounds like he is doing better,

crashEHC

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I was just thinking, could this problem have occurred if I didn't add enough Prime during water changes? I've been adding 2 drops/gal of Seachem Prime for chlorine, but I didn't read that it requires 3 drops/gal if the water has chloramine. Would this have made a difference?

crashEHC

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Problem re-occurred

Okay, so my catfish's fungus problem flared up again.

Last time I did daily water changes for about a week, but it wasn't working. I ended up QT'ing and adding Melafix. It seemed to work after a week, so I put her back in the tank. 2 weeks later and it looks much worse now than last time.

I took the video before I did a 50% water change. I still don't understand. The parameters are right and I do 25% changes every week.

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good morning,

That is one beautiful cat fish! So sorry to hear that you are dealing with fungus.

Sometimes fungus can be a secondary issue. Your water parameters can be exactly where they need to be and fish can still develop fungus. There is a good possibility that the fish has scraped itself on an ornament or something in the tank and then developed the fungus.

If the treatment you've previously used worked once then personally I would use the same thing again.

Hold on for more responses.

Ken

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads