Clowny Clownfish

Discussion in 'Clownfish' started by rmi1224, Jul 12, 2015.

1. rmi1224

rmi1224 New Member Member

So I find clownfish to be extremely fascinating...and difficult. And I don't mean care wise. I'm talking about their personalities ;) My pair are a real piece of work. My black one likes to swim into the glass repeatedly, suck on my rbta's tentacles, and likes to get cozy with my power head or algae cleaner. My orange female is basically the devil himself. Don't leave your hand in the tank to long because Jaws will come after your finger. She also likes to lay on her side in the rbta, and she too likes to get cozy with the power head. Now I know I say they both like to interact with the rbta but they will not live in it -__- I've spent a nice chunk of change on them for something to live in but still no luck. At one point the female was taking cover in the rbta when I was scrubbing the glass and my male would slowly back himself into it but both of them want nothing to do with it now -__- And it even split so they wouldn't even have to share a bed! Anyone else have some wacky clownfish out there? :;rfro

2. LiterallyHydro

LiterallyHydro Well Known Member Member

The clownfish sucking on the tentacles is actually building up an immunity to the anemone's stinging. Let them continue to do that and they likely will host in it after a while. It's actually pretty normal.

As far as them hanging around the powerhead, at the moment they are hosting it. I've had clownfish host heaters.

3. OP
    OP
    rmi1224

LiterallyHydro, they've shown more interest in the inanimate objects than the corals and nem haha! Theyre quite interesting and a lil confusing haha

4. LiterallyHydro

LiterallyHydro Well Known Member Member

As I've said in the past. My clownfish are idiots. When I need to net them they just run to a corner and freeze in place not knowing what to do. I am able to literally scoop them out by hand.

5. OP
    OP
    rmi1224

Haha! My female is quite smart when it comes to netting and will get under the rockwork to make for a fun time. My male on the other hand...hes not so smart. He also will just sit there and get scooped up, lets food float right past him, and the list could go on and on. My female will eat out of my hand, and has actually stole bits of clam out of my hand when I feed my anemone, even my skittish hawkfish has ate of my hand! but the male will want nothing to do with me if im hand feeding. He deserves a dunce cap!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice