Question Clownfish Won't Swim Unless The Tank Glass Is Covered

cwegfish

Reaction score
I have a clownfish and he is now the only fish in the tank. He will only swim around if I put a cover over the tank. Otherwise he lays in a corner of the tank and doesn't swim unless no one is in the room or if I put a towel around the tank and cover the glass. Anyone know why this would be?

Daniebaby

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Is the fish new to the tank? Is he familiar with his environment? I'm not an expert at all but maybe he's afraid and needs time to adjust to a recent change. Are there places for him to hide other than the corner?

Are your water parameters and temp good? Tank cycled? Is he eating as usual? Answering these questions will help the more experienced members give you advice.

Edit: I just googled this and found many similar questions and a lot of answers said the same thing. "He could be hosting the corner" Lol lol

Last edited:
OP
C

cwegfish

Reaction score
He is not new to the tank but the only other fish that has been with him for a long time recently died. We've had both of these fish for a long time and I figured it was old age. He is eating fine, but just "hides" unless the tank is covered. Temp is good. Water seems fine, but I'm not expert with running ph tests, etc.

Jesterrace

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Sounds like he is missing his companion. Sometimes fish do feel safer when others are around and especially for a fish that has had a long time companion.

Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Weekly

Votes: 42 64.6%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 12 18.5%

Top Bottom