Clownfish Pairing Already??

Discussion in 'Clownfish' started by Goldndoodle, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Goldndoodle

GoldndoodleNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +11
    Experience:
    5 years
    My new tank finished cycle over the weekend - and after 50% water change Sunday, parameters were still 0-0-0 on Monday, so I added a pair of Picasso Clowns that I bought at LFS. Besides the CUC, live rock and sand, they are the only fish in the tank, and will always be the only fish in the tank. Corals will be added eventually.

I picked these two out of a group of probably 20 that were in the tank together. One is slight larger than the other.

Last night and this morning, I've noticed the smaller Clown doing the submissive seizure to the larger Clown. Are they pairing up already? In just a couple of days in the tank together?

They hang out happily together all day long, swim all over the tank together. Found them parked behind the return nozzles cuddled up sleeping before the lights came on this morning. The big one hadn't really been eating for the last 36 hours, but did eat a little bit this morning. The little one is a pig!

If the larger of the two was already female when I got them, I guess the little guy is just doing his duty. But I would have thought this pairing would have taken some time.

2. JtheFishMan

JtheFishManValued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +150
    Experience:
    1 year
    It is possible that they have paired already. Pairing between clownfish can take up to days or months, it just depends.

Become a Fishlore Member