Clownfish pair separated themselves Help 

davenport48

Reaction score
My pair of snowflake clowns were introduced to a new tank about 1 day ago. They have been doing great but today when I got home they were separated and will not get back into a pair. What do I do? Thanks.

Amazoniantanklvr

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
You my not have a pair. Do you have another tank? You could try removing one and adding it back in a day or two

by the way Welcome to FL

davenport48

Reaction score
They’ve seemed to have paired up again but separate for a few hours in between. I’m guessing the slower one might bot be acclimating to the new tank as well as the other?

saltwater60

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I don’t see an issue. This happens regularly. Just watch them to make sure they aren’t fighting. They will likely come back together.
why do you feel the other one isn’t acclimating too well?

davenport48

Reaction score
He won’t eat. Pellets, flakes or mysis shrimp. Seems to be breathing heavy and lethargic. Other clown is perfectly fine! Fire shrimp is active and eating and so are the crabs and snails. So I don’t believe it’s a water issue. But I’m going to do a 25% water change tomorrow anyway! This might be clown behavior after being acclimated to a new tank but I’ve never had clowns so I don’t know!

saltwater60

Well Known Member
Reaction score
davenport48 said:
He won’t eat. Pellets, flakes or mysis shrimp. Seems to be breathing heavy and lethargic. Other clown is perfectly fine! Fire shrimp is active and eating and so are the crabs and snails. So I don’t believe it’s a water issue. But I’m going to do a 25% water change tomorrow anyway! This might be clown behavior after being acclimated to a new tank but I’ve never had clowns so I don’t know!
Check for gill flukes. They are parasites. Prazipro usually takes care of them. If you have shrimp check to be sure it’s safe for inverts. I think it is but I can’t remember.

davenport48

Reaction score
Okay thank you!

saltwater60

Well Known Member
Reaction score

davenport48

Reaction score
Update: Both fish are great. They both at 7-8 mini pellets today. They still didn’t want the mysis shrimp. But I’m guessing since they are new fish they’ve been raised on pellets from the breeder. They are both active and happy. Played in my current makers all day shooting from one side to the other. I’m guess the one was just stressed with the new tank. That’s kind for all the reply’s and help

saltwater60

Well Known Member
Reaction score
davenport48 said:
Update: Both fish are great. They both at 7-8 mini pellets today. They still didn’t want the mysis shrimp. But I’m guessing since they are new fish they’ve been raised on pellets from the breeder. They are both active and happy. Played in my current makers all day shooting from one side to the other. I’m guess the one was just stressed with the new tank. That’s kind for all the reply’s and help
Awesome news.
Could have been shipping stress or high ammonia in the shipping bag

davenport48

Reaction score

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom