Clownfish, Firefish, Clown Gobys, emerald crab

tanki60o

Hello everyone I am new to saltwater aquariums, but I have been keeping goldfish since 1995, and one of them still lives, he is 20 years old and will be 21 on march.
So I am planning on getting what you call a FOWLR tank. So I wanted to ask you, can I put all these fish together in a 30 gallon:

2 occelaris clownfish

2 firefish

1 emerald crab

2 clown goby

I absolutely need the clownfish and the emerald crab, but I can shorten the firefish and goby to 1 each if there isn't enough space. Also, are the species compatible? What would I need to feed them? What protein skimmers and refractometer brands do you recommend? What saltwater chemicals do I need that I don't need for freshwater?

Thank you all for answering.

tanki60o

Can someone please reply?

lobstahlights

The saltwater forums here are pretty slow. Fishlore is probably one of the nicest hobby websites out there, but for saltwater info there are much busier forums.

I'm by no means an expert, but it should work. A pair of clownfish is perfect in a 30g.Firefish basically occupy one spot most of the time. I don't know much about clown gobies except that they are small and peaceful. You don't have corals, so you don't need to worry that any of your livestock will mess with them. You wouldn't stock all at once, so do a little digging and see what you think the best order might be.

Feeding can vary, and your best bet is to ask the source of your fish what they are already eating. If you're getting captive-bred, they should be fine on prepared foods, and I always recommend captive-bred where available (clownfish breed easily, for example.)

I don't personally run a protein skimmer and I just bought my refractometer so I don't feel comfortable recommending it yet. For chemicals - you don't need them? You don't have corals so you don't need to bother about dosing anything. Not a big fan of chemicals in my aquariums either.

tanki60o

Thanks! Here is my plan: Add the clown goby with one clownfish and the firefish, which are all territorial as I have read, and then after about a month add the other clownfish, the crab, and 2 neon gobys. That way I don't think il be overtocked, and they shouldn't have any problems with territories, and I have a small cleanup crew. I am a little worried about the crab and the neon gobys, because they are very small so I am worried if he will eat them.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Jesterrace
Replies
Views
tanki60o
Replies
Views
LJC6780
Replies
Views