Clownfish Fighting

Fisker

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hello!

I've got two small false percula clowns in a 10 gallon. The larger one is about 2.5" or so, and the smaller one is probably close to 1.5", and is much smaller overall.

Theyve been together for nearly a month, and they larger clown is still tormenting the little guy. No serious damage, but even after he submits, she chases him around the tank to a corner and won't let him eat. Should I give it more time, or remove the female?

Thanks!

SomeoneFISHy

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I would try to separate them. QT the larger, but set the QT tank, (if possible,) by the other tank, so the fish can "interact."

OP
Fisker

Fisker

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Came home to find a relatively large chunk bitten out of little guy's fin. Took the bigger clown to a LFS, and got some in-store credit for him. Came home with a six-line wrasse who's now in QT.

I wanted a pair of clowns, but I'm not going to allow that much aggression between the two for that long.

OP
Fisker

Fisker

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yup!

A few hermits, some astrea snails, florida ceriths, dwarf ceriths, and rose pink urchin (he's less than 1" in diameter, and is spot-fed once a week).

New Threads