Clownfish and Damsel

Coradee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I found clowns very friendly & full of character, damsels tend to do their own thing & are only interested in you if you have food in my experience

Claire Bear

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello and welcome!

Agree with Coradee.

Damsels and clowns are in the same family. I had a Blue Devil and a four stripe that I returned to the LFS. I still have two clowns. The thing is, if you are getting a huge tank, they may stay in one small area and not move to the front. Imo, smaller tanks are best for interactivity!

ryanr

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
All fish have their own personalities.

By clownfish, I assume you're referring to ocellaris or percula? (Nemo) I've never kept damsels, but I do have a percula in my tank, and I can sit there all day watching him play in the anemone. I wouldn't say he has a huge personality, but he's definitely intriguing to watch.

For personality, fish like the lawnmower blenny and flame hawk have heaps of personality. Very inquisitive little fish!

krazyone2006

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Use caution with the damsels I had a all blue and two blue with yellow tail that I had to take out of my 75g the little buggers killed everything I put in the tank very territorial.

Teishokue

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
FYI, clownfish are damsels.

Damsels, as they age, will keep a territory to themselves. Farming damsels will attack almost anything that gets close to their algae.

My old maroon bit me pretty hard and made me bleed.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom