Clownfish and anemones

Sam Zink

I'm currently in the process of starting up a thirty gallon reef and and I'm almost done my first cycling. I plan on keeping clownfish in the tank, but I have a few questions. The first being that could I do two clownfish on a thirty gallon? I know that they are aggressive towards each other sometimes and I know it's a smaller tank so I'm not sure. As for anemones I plan to get a bubble tip since I know clownfish will host in it, but should I introduce the anemone once the clown(s) are established in the tank or at the same time as them,?Or should I put the anemone in first then introduce the clown(s)?

saltwater60

What clowns do you plan to get. Most clowns will stay in pairs if you get them in pairs. A bubble too is a good first anemone and you should be fine to add the clowns then get the anemone.

Sam Zink

I'm thinking about ocellaris clown(s, I know ones going to be a midnight color morph, and I think I might get another ocellaris that's a different color scheme, I just don't want to by them and end up with one killing the other, so I figured I should check here first.
saltwater60 said:
What clowns do you plan to get. Most clowns will stay in pairs if you get them in pairs. A bubble too is a good first anemone and you should be fine to add the clowns then get the anemone.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom