• Innocent of murder

• Guilty of murder

Results are only viewable after voting.

BusterBot28

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hey all. So a month or two ago I had a couple panda Cory’s KIAed and I couldn’t figure out why because it happened at night so the gourami the rainbows and all were out of the question. I accused the clown pleco because it was sooooooo fat and only came out at night. Gave it to @Charlie’s Dad (very nice) and ever since then my panda Cory’s, and kuhli loaches have started to come out in the open and are going in the cave that the pleco was always in. I also added three more panda Cory’s (little babies) and they are the first batch that hasn’t lost one or more after a month! I have lost literally dozens of them before (even adults) way after they had been added to the tank( one was 6 months later). Now my question is do y’all think this is all a quince-dent? Or was it the pleco? Vote on the pole please!

Debbie1986

Valued Member
Reaction score
As the owner of a serial killer fish, I understand the pain of acknowledging you have a meanie in the tank. No judgement.

I'm on the fence about rehoming him, the other white Skirt tetra I bought with him that has survived & 4 glow Tetras I got to create a school.

I would have already rehomed him, but the person lives 2 hours away from work which is a very long time out of a proper tank. The exchange would have to be done over a weekend from my house to his.

some fish are just extremely territorial . this fish killed 2 green cory cats in 3 days.

Thinking on this - this thread has really helped me. I think I will rehome them. I have a spare 10 gallon tank I can give him plus water conditioner etc to start him off. he had fish before so it should work out okay and he has a toddler who will be amazed.

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
A clown pleco is mainly a woodeater and snacks on insects / aufwuchs. In my opinion it isn't equipped to kill fish or so.

Why would it turn into a fierceful corykiller?

Dch48

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Some fish just don't like sharing space with others. Since Plecos and Cories are both bottom dwellers, it could have been a territorial issue. I think the fact that Cories have done better without the Pleco would suggest the preponderance of evidence being that he is guilty.

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Never heared of.any clowns causing any issues with Corys. I have BN's and Rubberlip with my corys. No issues either.

DoraCory

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I have a clown pleco and some albino corydoras in the same tank, the clown pleco sits in it's cave and the corydora's do their thing, both parties seem to ignore each other peacefully.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom