Clown Loaches

Mr Kelly

Reaction score
I have had 6clown loaches for two years and there not getting any bigger. There share a tank with quite a few other fish but the biggest are angles. Its a 3oo litre tank and they r feed on mucsles. Any suggestions?

boff

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Maybe its some thing to do with there diet ,when you say they are feed on muscles is that all they get because I feed mine blood worm,flake,sinking pellets and fresh veggies .I did notice that they grow quicker when I started to give them sinking pellets and I know they love them because they make that clicking noise when they find them .

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
300 litre is approx 75 gallons and that is rather small for six clowns of any size. They need a variety of foods as boff said and huge water changes. They usually grow pretty fast the first year then slow down some. My two got to be six inches in the first year and have slowed down some as they are seven and eight inches now. they are in a 75G and soon will out grow it.
So might I suggest that you vary their foods and do more frequent water changes. They are huge waste producers and Nitrates can be a growth inhibitor to some extent.
Carol

New Threads