Clown loaches

1. Craig Well Known Member Member

will clown loaches do all right in my 17gallon tank??? plannin on gettin 2 small 1s

2. Craig Well Known Member Member

?????????????? lol!

3. Craig Well Known Member Member

no1 wants 2 help me :'( lol

4. 0morrokh Fishlore VIP Member

To be blunt, no they won't.  They may be fine when they're young, but many people don't realise how big (and aggressive) they will eventually get.  Although, if you are willing to set up another, bigger aquarium, you could keep them in there while they're young, and then transfer them to a larger home as they get bigger.  Otherwise, go with smaller fish. Sorry if that sounded harsh--thanks for asking before buying--far too many people buy and then ask.

5. Craig Well Known Member Member

yeah ive got sum thinkin 2 do over them :-\

6. Miss Mouse Well Known Member Member

My friend has a very large clown loach in his tank and it's a real character but does tend to knock things over and he's started picking on the large plec so yeah, do watch out before buying.

7. Craig Well Known Member Member

miss mouse u know evrythin lol!!! :D

8. Craig Well Known Member Member

u'll b pleased 2 know that ive decided not 2 get the clown loaches guys im goin 4 a very much safer option im goin 2 start my platy revolution startin of with 2 mickey mouse platies ! :D :D :)

9. fletch Member Member

What is a mickey mouse platty. Ive seen it written a few times in here and i just thought it was an affectionate name given to someones fish!! !

10. Craig Well Known Member Member

there like orange with a black tail there really cool lookin

11. FishFan Member Member

They have the markings that look like Mickey Mouse. They're pretty cool looking.

12. Craig Well Known Member Member

yeah very cool lookin saw them 2day i was like ooooooo yes im gettin me afew of those!! :D :D

13. Miss Mouse Well Known Member Member

Ah they're cool - I've got 3 and they're real little characters. Check out the pic - you can see Mickey mouse's head on his tail if you tilt your head 90 degrees to the right clear.gif

14. Craig Well Known Member Member

yeah nice pic cant wait 2 get mine :D

15. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

Glad you decided against the clowns. Your tank is way too small, and clowns are expensive! Good luck with the platys! ;)