Clown Loaches - ich infested - Page 4

Darla4022

When dosing meds there is no need to up the temp over normal ranges, 75 - 80 degrees.
Judging from the pics, the problem appears to be Ick. Most Ick treatments take ten - fourteen days to clear things up.
Clown Loaches aren't all that durable as compared to other scavengers. Meds are very hard on them.
I have had himin just plain warm water since thanksgiving, i used rid ick very sparingly and only put 3 drops of pimafix in the one gal bowl. why hasnt anything worked if its ick, its 10 times worst, he also had slight opaque spots on him. the loach that i lost also had the same thing. if warm water speeds up the ick cycle,he would have gotten better not worse, right?

A201

Heat treatment for Ick requires a temp of 86 - 89 for 10 days.
Be a good idea to administer the Rid Ick at the recommended dosage.
Using it sparingly is apparently not going to eliminate the parasite.
Not a good idea to combine meds with the heat treatment.

Darla4022

Heat treatment for Ick requires a temp of 86 - 89 for 10 days.
Be a good idea to administer the Rid Ick at the recommended dosage.
Using it sparingly is apparently not going to eliminate the parasite.
Not a good idea to combine meds with the heat treatment.
I used rid ick according to dose, since he was in a 1 gal, i put 4-5 drops in it. then then i used the pimafix one day and used 3 drop of it, cause it says to reduce dose for loaches . I know they are sensitive,so I used the meds aprropriately. but why would it have gotten worse?

86 ssinit

Other things also need to be done like vacuuming the substrate to remove all the eggs. Also a uv steralizer works for getting rid of ick.

Darla4022

Other things also need to be done like vacuuming the substrate to remove all the eggs. Also a uv steralizer works for getting rid of ick.
Yessir, I also did that with water changes. I have cured ick before, but this time it was virulent and was not responding to any treatment.

goldface

Well apparently this is not ich! I have a small loach on his way out at this moment, I have had him in very warm water, added rid ich, added pimafix and still covered head to tail and has gotten even worse. here are some photos, can anyone id what the heck this is????????? tia
IMG_6862 - Copy.jpg
That is 100 percent ich. Make sure you're treating the entire tank. Isolating them to medicate defeats the purpose, and you're only going to continue the cycle.

Darla4022

That is 100 percent ich. Make sure you're treating the entire tank. Isolating them to medicate defeats the purpose, and you're only going to continue the cycle.
Yes sir, I also turned the heat up on the 125 gal tank, it seemed to help, except for the little loach, so I quarantined him in a bowl. Well he finally passed away just moments ago! I have always treated ick with increase temps, but not this, I think something else was wrong along with the ick.

goldface

Yes sir, I also turned the heat up on the 125 gal tank, it seemed to help, except for the little loach, so I quarantined him in a bowl. Well he finally passed away just moments ago! I have always treated ick with increase temps, but not this, I think something else was wrong along with the ick.
It's certainly possible. You always get that one or two fish that doesn't fare well, which is why I like to recommend buying a few more fish than you're intending.

Keep the dosing consistent. If your loaches are otherwise healthy, then they should recover rather quickly. I personally don't think scaleless fish are more delicate towards meds.

Darla4022

It's certainly possible. You always get that one or two fish that doesn't fare well, which is why I like to recommend buying a few more fish than you're intending.

Keep the dosing consistent. If your loaches are otherwise healthy, then they should recover rather quickly. I personally don't think scaleless fish are more delicate towards meds.
Thank you for your help!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Loachlover357
Replies
Views
Redshark1
Replies
Views
CaptainAquatics
Replies