clown loach

kez

Reaction score
hello is it normal for clown loach to hide itself completely under the sand and how much do you feed them ive read 5 times aday is it true

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
That usually means it feels exposed and lonely. Get it more friends and hiding places. Also, how big is your aquarium? The minimum tank size is a 55 gallon aquarium.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If at all possible clown Loaches need to be in groups of three or more. They also need caves and plenty of hiding places. eventually you will need a tank bigger than 55 gallon but it's a good start.
carol

kez

Reaction score
i have three of them but can normally find just the one i have a fare few hiding places for them ,they seem to come out more when the light switched off,yesterday we cud`NT find ne of them they were`NT n ne of the hiding places so they must have all hidden under the sand,i`m not sure how many gallons it is its quite a big i know its 4ft,also is it true that you have to feed them 5 x a day

kez

Reaction score
thanks butterfly for the info i checked the site out it was very helpful,i cant believe how big they can grow,there wonderful to watch,it must be my light in the tank because as soon as the lights off out they come to play,thanks again everyone for replying to me and helping

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Welcome! Clown Loaches are one of my favorite fish
Carol

kez

Reaction score
they are great fish,i cant get over how they sqeeze them self into the smallest of places,and i love when theylie on their sides and one of mine goes along the sand and it looks like his headbutting it

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom