Clown Loach

jack-j

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I know clown loaches will sleep on their side and what not but mine just will not get up he is breathing and kicks his tail occassionally but isn't doing anything else. I found him like this this morning, i also have a bigger pleco in there is it possible the pleco beat him up one of his fins is ripped.

Aphelion0

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
How big is your tank? Plecos can be very territorial. If you have a small surface area on the bottom, the Pleco might have had a go. Sorry you lost it btw.

jack-j

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
How big is your tank? Plecos can be very territorial. If you have a small surface area on the bottom, the Pleco might have had a go. Sorry you lost it btw.
Its a 75 gallon tank 4 clown loaches are in there well 3 now but the pleco is much larger compared to them by about 5 inches im considering just moving my pleco to my guppy pond outside

Aphelion0

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Its a 75 gallon tank 4 clown loaches are in there well 3 now but the pleco is much larger compared to them by about 5 inches im considering just moving my pleco to my guppy pond outside
Have you had problems with the Pleco before?

75 seems big enough for those fish, but I'm not super experienced. It depends more on the surface are on the bottom than the volume, though. It might pay to add a few more hiding places for bottom feeders so they can keep out of each others way.

jack-j

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Have you had problems with the Pleco before?

75 seems big enough for those fish, but I'm not super experienced. It depends more on the surface are on the bottom than the volume, though. It might pay to add a few more hiding places for bottom feeders so they can keep out of each others way.
I have ordered a fake log thats coming but that pleco is gonna be rehomed he is known for being an asswipe to other fish but do you think the red line behind my loaches gil is internal bleeding or could i be dealing with a parasite

Aphelion0

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have ordered a fake log thats coming but that pleco is gonna be rehomed he is known for being an asswipe to other fish but do you think the red line behind my loaches gil is internal bleeding or could i be dealing with a parasite
It's hard to tell from the picture, and I'm by no means an expert (so hopefully someone else can chip in here), but it doesn't look like a parasitic thing to me. It looks more external than internal.

Have you recently added new/unquarantined fish to your tank? Any way a parasite could have been brought in?

If you've got a test kit, it's always good to check your water after a fish dies if you're not sure how it happened.

Bigfella

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm not sure what that problem is, but clown loaches are pretty sensitive in my experience. They are like a parakeet in a mine shaft, they can be an indicator of something wrong in your tank. Every time I have had one die at least two more follow. I would do a water change asap and cross my fingers....

Redshark1

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Plecos can be aggressive and territorial at night when the lights are out. I have seen it with my own eyes when I have suspected it and checked. They can be relentless.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom