Clown Loach

ecnaj143

Well Known
Reaction score
Do clown loaches burrow under gravel?? My two have dissappeared and I can't find them, their not in my filter and they aren't in the cave I have for them. So I was wondering if they burrow, thanks for the help in advance.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Not usually to that extent. Do you have any kind of wood in there that might have crevices? They will squeeze into the tiniest places and sometimes become stuck.
carol

OP
E

ecnaj143

Well Known
Reaction score
no, just a bunch of plants. I looked all over the tank and their no where. one reappeared sometime ago, but then disappeared again.

Richard

Well Known
Reaction score
Maybe if you post a pic of your tank,we can steer you in the right direction..from my experience with Clown Loaches,I've never seen them burrow into the gravel at the bottom of the tank I keep them in..in any case,whatever you've chosen to layer the bottom of your tank with shouldn't be more than a quarter inch thick,so that should rule out burrowing...but like Butterfly pointed out,Loaches will really find the teeniest spaces to cram themselves in..so just about anything in your tank besides plants could be where they're hanging out.

smillermom

Reaction score
Clown loaches are notorious jumpers. Check around the floor. Every little opeing on your tank cover needs to be small enough that they can't jump through.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
callamcampbell - that is one of the things Clown Loaches do In fact the palest one is usually the dominant one.
Carol

boff

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
One of my clowns is pale all the time,but some times the other bigger one goes pale too and then they start to do a funny dance and race around the tank, then he changes back to dark and it all goes back to normal.Its like Butterfly said the pale one is more dominant.

New Threads