Clown loach will eat?

FishesInTank
Sorry for being offline, just a question..

I have 2 clown loaches, 2 oranda, 4 angelfish, 3 guppy, 3 Killifish I think, 20 Neon Tetra (10 Bright and 10 dI'm colour) and idk the other 2 fish.

My aquarium is kind of medium, my question is will my clown loaches eat my Neon tetras? They seem to get along fine now, they swim together. Even mu guppies joined the group of Neon Tetras.

TankMaster25
If the neons are fully grown than most likely no, but they man nip

Tonia
The clown loaches will most likely leave the neons alone. Once the angels get big, they could try to eat any of the smaller neons. How big is the tank?

Clown loaches, like other loach breeds do like to have larger groups if possible, as they will shoal. However, they do get a bit big for most tanks.

FishesInTank
The clown loaches will most likely leave the neons alone. Once the angels get big, they could try to eat any of the smaller neons. How big is the tank?

Clown loaches, like other loach breeds do like to have larger groups if possible, as they will shoal. However, they do get a bit big for most tanks.

I just bought big grown up Smoky Angelfish (black and white angelfish from Phillipine), it is the biggest of my tank, they seem gone well, I put my angelfish in a plastic and everyone gather at it.

Btw here is the picture of my tank (First, sorry for bright lighting and a bit blur, second, its kind of crowd and the tank is kinf of small but my parents won't let me buy new aqaurium.)

Attachments

• 1431269882984.jpg
    1431269882984.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 707
hampalong
They get huge, a foot or more, and need to be in groups of 6+. They will eat neons as soon as they're big enough, as neons sleep on the substrate.

FishesInTank
They get huge, a foot or more, and need to be in groups of 6+. They will eat neons as soon as they're big enough, as neons sleep on the substrate.

Well um I guess I have to see tomorrow morning I guess cuz I gave a plenty of food.

AndreDecasa
You might wanna fix this. Goldfish are coldwater species and incredibly messy.

FishesInTank
You might wanna fix this. Goldfish are coldwater species and incredibly messy.

My water is cold 75%

FishesInTank
Btw what happen to my loach? It goes closer to the other loach and began to lie down on it, it seems it is dying or maybe other reason?

AndreDecasa
Btw what happen to my loach? It goes closer to the other loach and began to lie down on it, it seems it is dying or maybe other reason?

Like this?

chromobotia_macracanthus_lestat_lol.jpg

FishesInTank
And it is together

AndreDecasa
Yes but it is not fully lying down, just 90°

Does It come back to life then swims normally?

FishesInTank
Does It come back to life then swims normally?

Yea but it often lie down at each other

AndreDecasa
Yea but it often lie down at each other

What time is it in your country?

FishesInTank
Here is the pics

Attachments

• 1431273459528.jpg
    1431273459528.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 303
FishesInTank
What time is it in your country?

Its night maybe it is sleeping but its kinda weird behaviour

AndreDecasa
Its night maybe it is sleeping but its kinda weird behaviour

YOU HAVENT DONE YOUR CLOWN LOACH RESEARCH! HAHA

It is sleeping! Clown loaches tend to sleep this way. Try searching their behaviors in google.

FishesInTank
YOU HAVENT DONE YOUR CLOWN LOACH RESEARCH! HAHA

It is sleeping! Clown loaches tend to sleep this way. Try searching their behaviors in google.

Haha, cuz I am panic I'm out of ideas and I never see my clown loach sleep and its face is pale

FishesInTank
And it is still moving its fin

AndreDecasa
Haha, cuz I am panic I'm out of ideas and I never see my clown loach sleep and its face is pale

Same I got really paranoid and fed it with peas hoping it would cure them because I thought they have swim bladder disorder.

I guess that since your Loaches are young they still haven't gotten to full color splendor. Since you keep them in a coldish water.

As for moving fins, I'm starting to suspect a little. Give them time to rest and If it still happens tomorrow in day light, I think we have a condition or some sort.

Heres a thread about it:

AndreDecasa
HEY!

Hows the loach? Are they still doing the same thing in day light?

FishesInTank
HEY!

Hows the loach? Are they still doing the same thing in day light?

No, they are going fine now and btw my neon tetras are complete too.

AndreDecasa
No, they are going fine now and btw my neon tetras are complete too.

Phew! Ok cool, just message or post here to inform us about some stuff incase anything weird happens.

FishesInTank
Phew! Ok cool, just message or post here to inform us about some stuff incase anything weird happens.

I seen one of my loach turned pale and swim fast, is it okay?

AndreDecasa
I seen one of my loach turned pale and swim fast, is it okay?

Hmmm, Pale? How pale? How old is the fish? While clowns get older they loose color.

FishesInTank
Hmmm, Pale? How pale? How old is the fish? While clowns get older they loose color.

Like the normal colour but a bit whiter, can't take picture of it's fast move and it always hide

AndreDecasa
Like the normal colour but a bit whiter, can't take picture of it's fast move and it always hide

Does he goes back to normal color or stays pale? He could just be slight different color, as for hiding they do tend to be shy kind of fish, how many clowns you got in there? They need to be in a school to be out.

ALSO!

I have read some articles before that the dominant or leader changes color and the followers also. I maybe wrong I read this for about quite a time this may not be accurate.

FishesInTank
Does he goes back to normal color or stays pale? He could just be slight different color, as for hiding they do tend to be shy kind of fish, how many clowns you got in there? They need to be in a school to be out.

ALSO!

I have read some articles before that the dominant or leader changes color and the followers also. I maybe wrong I read this for about quite a time this may not be accurate.

Buying more tmrw I got 2

AndreDecasa
Buying more tmrw I got 2

wait!

Whats the aquarium size? If Its fully overtstocked that's not the best thing to do. The ammonia will make it worse.

FishesInTank
wait!

Whats the aquarium size? If Its fully overtstocked that's not the best thing to do. The ammonia will make it worse.

Medium size actaully, can't tell the gallon cuz I don't know the size (my pet store doesn't tll the size) but there is still a space for my clown loach

AndreDecasa
Medium size actaully, can't tell the gallon cuz I don't know the size (my pet store doesn't tll the size) but there is still a space for my clown loach

You can use a tape measure, Get the length, height and depth. I'll calculate plus what is the filter your using?

FishesInTank
You can use a tape measure, Get the length, height and depth. I'll calculate plus what is the filter your using?

Um I think luckiness2000 and I will get the measurement tmrw cuz its night

AndreDecasa
Um I think luckiness2000 and I will get the measurement tmrw cuz its night

Ok, good night!

Hope all ends well! Fish you luck.

Captain Unusual
Clown loaches, like most loaches, like to play dead. They'll lie motionless on their sides or back, or wedged into small crevices or holes, all day sometimes. They just really like doing that. They're kind of like dogs, in that they'll spend all day just lazing around if they can and aren't feeling particularly energetic that day. They also get a foot and a half long, or as long as your forearm. And need to be in groups, or they'll get stressed and die, or get really aggressive. Unless your tank is at least 5 feet long (or otherwise considered huge), you'll need to rehome them. A "medium tank" will not be big enough for those.

Also, put more decorations in there! They all need places to hide and feel safe. Get some driftwood, or plants, or even just some fake castles or something.

FishesInTank
Clown loaches, like most loaches, like to play dead. They'll lie motionless on their sides or back, or wedged into small crevices or holes, all day sometimes. They just really like doing that. They're kind of like dogs, in that they'll spend all day just lazing around if they can and aren't feeling particularly energetic that day. They also get a foot and a half long, or as long as your forearm. And need to be in groups, or they'll get stressed and die, or get really aggressive. Unless your tank is at least 5 feet long (or otherwise considered huge), you'll need to rehome them. A "medium tank" will not be big enough for those.

Also, put more decorations in there! They all need places to hide and feel safe. Get some driftwood, or plants, or even just some fake castles or something.

I am but I don't want to spend my money buying all at once, I am buying it 2 by 2 or 1 by 1 (btw my loaches hide together at night)

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Redshark1
Replies
Views
husky194
Replies
Views
BeckyAnn
  • Question
Replies