clown loach vs common pleco 55 Gallon Tank 

izzyfishfarmer

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
so my clown loach and common pleco (both juvies) are not getting along the loach keeps beatin on the pleco is this normal , any suggestions

ariolex

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Hi Izzy,

I've never had plecos before but as far as I know clowns are very kind towards all tankmates. They love to play and interact with all tank inhabitants adn with their own kind but not aggresively. However, they are social fish that should be kept in groups. If you only have one it may lead to akward and unusual behaviour, normally shyness, but who knows this one may be a rebel lol.

Hopefully, Carol sees your post, she may have a clearer idea of what is going on there.

Good luck

kloseo

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I read your profile was it the clown loach that you have or a yo yo loach, sorry but your profile shows yoyo and your question is about a clown loach
clown loaches are very pieceful and would not attack or pester a pleco
however yoyo loaches are know to follow and harass or pester other fish, i have all three in a 75 gallon tank and finally sold my yoyo loaches as they did follow pester my other fish

izzyfishfarmer

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
i have both and the clown loach kept bumpin him in the mornin he as dead but i cant blame the clown entirely i havent been able to get hm any buddies yet do to ich

harpua2002

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Unfortunately, neither common plecos nor clown loaches belong in a 55 gallon long term. Both have the potential to grow quite large.

izzyfishfarmer

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
yea neither where goin to be permanant i want to get a 75 long if i can get them to stay alive lol i know they need more room but at present none of my fish sre over an inch long

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I can't imagine a inch long Clown Loach being able to hurt a pleco especially since Plecos are armored. Clowns do like to play and rough and tumble, if they don't have others of their own kind to do this with they will try it with other fish. Other fish aren't always appreciative of their attentions though
A 75 gallon tank is a good starting point for Clowns.
Carol

izzyfishfarmer

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
yea i was hoping it wasnt him

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads