Clown Loach Story

CaptainAquatics

Hi! I have a crazy story to tell you about a clown loach. So the other day I had someone over to look at my fish room. I was showing them the aquariums and doing water changes. I got to my tank with the clown loaches. I did a water change (which is the only time I took off the lid that day and I have a tight lid) and walked away not thinking much of it. About a hour and a half later I went downstairs with another friend to show them. Anyway I noticed there were only 2 clown loaches (when there are usually three). I thaught the third one is probably hiding. Anyway I was down there for a while and still didn’t see the third loach. I started to worry so I started to move decor and when I realized he wasn’t there, I started to panic. I then thaught back to earlier when I did a water change. My syphons usually have a guard to make sure I don’t suck up fish and I am always really careful to not suck up fish, but that day I was using a different syphon without the fish guard. These clown loaches are only babies so it was possible it got sucked up. I started to check the buckets I tore apart the syphon in case he was in there I even check the sink. He was no where. I then came to the realization he probably went down the sink because that is where I dump the dirty water. I knew from reserch that clown loaches typically don’t jump or even go to th surface unless there is food. The tank has two air stone on top of each other which creates a strong current. Anyway I start to check around the tank even though I knew it was very unlikely for it to be there. After a while I find nothing. Then just as I am about to stop looking I see the one clown loach in the floor! I get disappointed as he look dead. I go to pick him up to flush him and when I touch him he jumps. Now he was barely wet, wasn’t breathing or anything but because he moved I put him back in the tank. As soon as he hit the water he starts to breath rapidly but he is on his side. Me and my friend sit there for probably ten miniutes and by the end of that ten minutes he is moving around. Anyway I am writing this and he is swimming around normally and eating today like nothing happened. That was amazing and I can’t belive he lived. I think he jumped when I was doing the water change. Probably got pushed up by the air stones out of the tank. Let me know what you think about that, he was on the floor for like a hour!

cichlid4life

#freak accidents happen all the time to fish hobbyist

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
86 ssinit
Replies
Views
Redshark1
Replies
Views
Riot36