Clown Loach Question

petemela

Reaction score
Hey Everyone.. this is my first time posting.. so please bare with me

I just brought 4 new Clown Loach's for my tropical tank..

now i have a pirate ship that is in my tank.. and all four of them seem to go inside the pirate ship and never come out to eat...

so i have to move the pirate ship to get them out..

my question is.. should i get rid of the pirate ship and just have plants and wood.. or will they come out on thier own accord?!

thank you very much.

pete

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Have you read this page: https://www.fishlore.com/Profiles-ClownLoach.htm?

I think they'll come out more as they get comfortable with their new surroundings and right now they're just being more cautious. One of our members, Tom, will know what to tell you about clown loaches for sure.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Clown loaches are one of the most entertaiing loaches there is(and I own 8 species of Loach ). they need plenty of places to hide in order to feel secure and plenty of room as they get very large.. They will also squeeze into the smallest space they can. When they get settled in they will come out to eat, although they will eat more at night. Mine think they have to be fed every morning by hand
Carol

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
A couple of things to remember, like Butterfly said, they will come out when they feel comfortable enough to come out and play. Mine took about 1-2 weeks before it got comfortable to come out in the day. And second;y, if you have any small spaces, ex. an empty snail shell, they will get in there and will get stuck and it will take some time to get it out. And like Butterfly said, they are the most entertaining loach other than dwarf loaches but, not every one can afford them. I personally have 6 different loaches, Butterfly I'm catching up. But anyways, Welcome to Fishlore.
Tom

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Keep going Tom and you will be a loachaholic like me the only cure is another loach and that only helps for a short time
Carol

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Butterfly said:
Keep going Tom and you will be a loachaholic like me the only cure is another loach and that only helps for a short time
Carol
I found my dwarf loaches, so I am probably going to slow down on the whole getting loach thing. I was just testing them out to see what each one available to are like in a tank(or at least that is my excuse ;D ). So far I have ruled out sumo loaches, skunk loaches. If I had to go with something other than dwarfs, I would go with yo-yo loaches.
Tom

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yoyos are great. I know they got that name because of the design on them but my husbands says it's because they "yoyo" (up and down the glass) around all the time
carol

sgould

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Yoyos are awesome...mine seem to delight in pestering fish that are 4 times their size!

boff

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
sgould what type of rainbows do you have

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom