Clown Loach eggs! What next?

Fishfad

Hey Guys, New here and wanted some help. Came home to this clutch of Clown Loach eggs! Any suggestions on how to keep them viable as from what I’ve read they are pretty special? Some seem clear but others have little yolks in them so hopefully fertilsed! I’m really not too aquarium savvy however have managed to breed albino Bristlenose like rabbits. Any tips would be awesome.

MacZ

Doesn't look like clown loach spawn. They are egg scatterers, but this is a clutch. What else do you have in that tank?

Upvote 0

Fishfad

Doesn't look like clown loach spawn. They are egg scatterers, but this is a clutch. What else do you have in that tank?
I have Mollys, albino Bristlenose and young peppermint bristnose and 2 clown loach! ???

Upvote 0

MacZ

Looks more like a clutch of bristlenose eggs.
How big are the loaches?

Upvote 0

Fishfad

Looks more like a clutch of bristlenose eggs.
How big are the loaches?
My Bristlenose are extremely predictable! He has his little cave and that’s the same place they lay every time!
Loach is about 8-9cm and I bought a second one a couple of weeks ago. About 7cm. They have been bumping on each other. At first I thought they were fighting…. Then this?

Upvote 0

MacZ

Loach is about 8-9cm and I bought a second one a couple of weeks ago. About 7cm.
They are definitely too young to breed then.
Likely something made the bristlenose abandon this clutch and it ended up outside the cave.

Upvote 0

Fishfad

They are definitely too young to breed then.
Likely something made the bristlenose abandon this clutch and it ended up outside the cave.
Thanks MacZ.

Upvote 0

coralbandit

The clowns may have taken over the BNPs cave .
It happens all the time in my 180g with my Super reds and clowns ..

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Coptapia
Replies
Views
david1978
  • Question
Replies
Views
DuaneV
Replies
Views
Lady Indiana
Replies
Views
LowConductivity

Random Great Thread!

Know of a great thread on Fishlore that should be on this list? Submit the thread link here:
Great threads on Fishlore

New Fish Breeding Threads

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom