Clown have ick i think.....

skippi

Valued Member
Reaction score
I think my new babies have ick... One has died with no spots just found in the morning dead... The others are still with me but have now developed the dreaded ick spots. I know they are more sensitive to medication so what should I do . I started ick medication but I don't want to over dose them. They are currently in the 29 gallon. all perameters are good and temp is holding at 80. I don't know where they got it from they have always been in 80 degrees since I got them last week. Please help me... Thanks

Heidi

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Clown Loaches are very vulenarable to ich. Turn the heat up to 85 F so that the disease organisms will multiply and gets off the fishes. Then use the medication tpo kill all of them.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
You should not necessarily need medication if you slowly raise the temperature to 85 degrees and leave it there for a full 14 days. you will need to be running an airstone or the oxygen supply in the water will not be adequate at that temperature. The parasite will leave the fish's body at that temperature but if the temperature falls or you turn it back before the 14 days they will not be killed and they will return to the fish that are in the tank. I would do a water change and then slowly start raising the temp as you are not going to want to lower the temp with big water changes for the duration of the treatment. you can change some of it but make sure you test the temp and don't cool down the tank. I did not need to use meds at all.

Rose

skippi

Valued Member
Reaction score
ok thanks guys. I am raising the temp and will try it that way. i don't like adding meds to the tanks anyway if i can avoid it.

Heidi

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom