clown goby(s) in a 10 gallon tank?

ShadowFishy

Jumping into the saltwater world: could I keep clown goby(s) in a 10 gallon tank? I don't have room for any bigger tank.

Adam55

ShadowFishy said:
Jumping into the saltwater world: could I keep clown goby(s) in a 10 gallon tank? I don't have room for any bigger tank.
Sure. Gobies are barely over an inch at maturity.

New Fish in Town

ShadowFishy said:
One thing you need to understand is that smaller tanks are much harder to keep since the water parameters can change really quickly. With saltwater you shouldn't do anything less than 30 gallons, if you are a beginner. Saltwater is also way more expensive to keep. If you're a beginner then it would probably be best to go with a 10 gallon betta tank, or maybe set it up as a guppie and freshwater shrimp tank. You could always add some snails too.

ShadowFishy

I do not want a betta as stated. I am looking online for some other freshwater fish. thank you.

This post can be closed, if that is how it works here. (I don't know if moderators close posts on fishlore.)

New Fish in Town

Oh ok. I guess I didn't see you mention that. Also, remember this is a message board, so don't take everything literally. Check other sources too. People aren't always 100% correct on here. I get scolded all the time on here for having less than 6 hatchet fish in my tank. I don't worry about it though.

Lucy

ShadowFishy said:
This post can be closed, if that is how it works here. (I don't know if moderators close posts on fishlore.)
Threads will close on their own after a certain amount of time.

Your question and the responses may help others who might have the same question

shrimpaholich

how many gobys could be in a 10gal? I have a 10gal I want to do as SW.

Paul Stiles

goby in 10g

depends on species, usually only one of each species or color, unless you have a vary large tank or are trying to breed/have a mated pair

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom