Clown Barb Mystery?

songbird5454

This morning I left and all five of my clown barbs were happily eating and swimming in the uncovered tank (I know, unwise). I came back home about 6 hours later and one was just... gone. I looked around the tank to see if I had a jumper and.. nothing. Picked up the rocks, the driftwood, moved some of the plants out of the way... nothing.

Has anyone else had one disappear like this? Can clown barbs possibly hide in the substrate and reappear later? Or should I just assume he's dead somewhere on my apartment floor annd I haven't found him yet???

jkkgron2

This morning I left and all five of my clown barbs were happily eating and swimming in the uncovered tank (I know, unwise). I came back home about 6 hours later and one was just... gone. I looked around the tank to see if I had a jumper and.. nothing. Picked up the rocks, the driftwood, moved some of the plants out of the way... nothing.

Has anyone else had one disappear like this? Can clown barbs possibly hide in the substrate and reappear later? Or should I just assume he's dead somewhere on my apartment floor annd I haven't found him yet???
Do you have any pets (dogs,cats,birds,etc) that have access to the tank? I had an incident where my amano shrimp got out and my dog carried it halfway across the room....

songbird5454

Do you have any pets (dogs,cats,birds,etc) that have access to the tank? I had an incident where my amano shrimp got out and my dog carried it halfway across the room....
Thanks for the response
Yikes. That must have been a sight.

No, no other pets!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
jaken97
Replies
Views
Ksway
Replies
Views