Clove Oil

Nikki2577
Can someone tell me a brand or give me a link to get the correct clove oil to euthanize a fish. I do not have a fish I need to do this to but I feel it’s a good thing on hand. Thank you in advance

Milliemae124
I don’t know of any brands but I would get some that was organic with nothing else added

Nikki2577
Ok it just freaks me out if I get something that would be even worse that what was going on to begin with. Like is it an essential oil? I sound so stupid but I really have no clue. Lol

Milliemae124
Ok it just freaks me out if I get something that would be even worse that what was going on to begin with. Like is it an essential oil? I sound so stupid but I really have no clue. Lol
yes clove oil is an essential oil, it sedates the fish and then you can overdose them so they die peacefully in their sleep

Nikki2577
Thank you both for you help

Milliemae124
Your welcome

Skye_marilyn
Can someone tell me a brand or give me a link to get the correct clove oil to euthanize a fish. I do not have a fish I need to do this to but I feel it’s a good thing on hand. Thank you in advance
Not to butt in with info you didn’t ask about but I’d like to just let you know why clove oil may not be a good option for euthanasia. Clive oil processed with alcohol of any sort is extremely painful during euthanasia, clove oil is somewhat carcinogenic so you shouldn’t pour water with clove oil down your drain, and it doesn’t always completely work so unles you pith them after (very disturbing) they may end up just unconscious then die a painful death when you freeze them or suffocate them in a bag. If you ever have to euthanize a fish I strongly recommend contacting a fish vet in your area, they will help you detect whether the fish is in pain, use anesthesia to put them to sleep (once and for all) and they will also dispose of the fish body for you without contaminating water supplies or near by lakes.

Nikki2577
Thank you very much, I do not want my fish in any pain if they have to be put down. Will have a vet do it for me no way I can pith it!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
PlanetRock
Replies
Views
Beeker
Replies
Views
H Farnsworth
Replies
Views