cloudy

oscarlover34

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hi I was wondering , my 135 gal has been running for 3 years, And I have 2 HOB emperor 400, xP2,Xp3,Xp4 floor canisters...Recentley my tank started getting cloudy so I did a 30% water change as usual which I do once a week..Then after the water change about 20 min later it started getting really cloudy and wouldnt go away ,si its been 3 days now since the water change and seems to be getting worse, anyone know??

Izabela

Valued Member
Reaction score
I was just comming in here to post virtually the same problem. My tank started getting cloudy a week ago. I did a 30% water change, and it is getting more and more hazy looking. What is going on here? All my readings are excellent, Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 10, water is hard as that is what my fishes prefer, pH is 7.6. I have not added any more fish or plants (removed a few baby snails with water change). What could be causing this? I know there are products and filters out there to fix this, but I'd like to eliminate the cause if I can. Fish are still active and eating well. Any ideas???

Izabela

Gozer_1

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Funny you mention it. Just this morning I awoke to find my 150 all sorts of cloudy. Everything reads fine but man it was almost murky. I did a water change that didn't really help much. Weird. I'm running a Rena Filstar xp3 and a Seaclone skimmer. It's a very young tank. 3 weeks old. I don't know what a mystery.

Izabela

Valued Member
Reaction score
This 3 week old tank has been cycled? If not, it could be ammonia spike. Mine is still very hazy....What is up? SOMEBODY HEEEEELP!!!!!! This is NOT a new tank....it has been running for several months. It look terrible!

Izabela

Gozer_1

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
It is pretty well cycled, I tested the water and every thing was OK. It has cleared considerably today. And I have ammonia remover in the filter. Hmm probably my messy ol Oscar. lol

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom