cloudy water

1. fon Initiate Member

??? just have a new tank quiet small 23litre carried out my first water change with a siphon on sat but the tank was so small i hardly had time to suck up the waste before it was nearly empty. very stressfull for me and the fish. added new water at right temp straight from tap with aqua safe and after a day or two it seems to be getting cloudy and a slight film on top. fish seem happy enough but i am terrified i done something wrong. very new to this would appreciate some advice.ta

2. joe Member Member

a lot of new tanks get cloudy at the start.  but if u have a filter(which is a necessity) then it should clear up in a few days.  I just started my 55gal. it started out cloudy but 3 or 4 days later it was very clear.  Just have some patience and you will be fine. ;) hope that helps

Joe

3. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

I believe your tank is a little bit larger than a 5 gallon tank which is quite small and harder to keep balanced. You may have to change out water every day. What kind of filter do you have running? How many fish do you have in your tank? Is your tank cycled?

4. fon Initiate Member

thanks guys for the help very new to this and a bit petrified. the filter is a viking 250 submarine type thing in the water. love my fish hate to see anything happen them especially if it was my fault. i found it very hard clean the gravel so had to replace alot of water maybe it aint cycled yet. it was quite expensive start up so dont have a second tank to set up for them.