Cloudy Water?

firemouthfreak

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Well I just finished removing the gravel from my tank and added the Pool Filter Sand.

I washed the sand multiple times.. (In the blazing sun which wasn't fun) and added it the tank. The tank was cloudy and so I thought, its normal, I just added sand. I left it like that for a while and waited 10 minutes and turned the filter back on.

Is it too soon to turn the filter on?

When do you think the cloudiness will go away?

Huicho

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Fret not firemouth. The cloudyness will clear in time directly proportional to the time you spent cleaning it. In other words, if you're thorough, it should in a matter of hours. I took 2 hours to clean my 50lb bag (I know what you mean, it is very tedious) and let the filter run almost immediately and by noon the next day, it was clear (I finished at about 11pm at night).

Kunsthure

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Yeah, I second the mini-cycle idea because that's what I just did to my 20g. . I was actually going post to you and warn you about it but I didn't get the chance. My 37g cleared up overnight but when I awoke today the 20g was new-tank-syndrome cloudy and sure enough, I had about 0.50 ammonia. [facepalm]

-Lisa

firemouthfreak

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
The water is clearing up but its still a bit cloudy. I'm gonna take some water to my friends house to get it tested later on today.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom