cloudy water 30 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Cloudy Aquarium Water' started by aquarium dunce, Mar 30, 2010.

1. a

aquarium dunce Valued Member Member

Hey guys! My 30 gallon is up and running. I used a sand substrate and have a 70 gallon aqua clear filter. My tank was pretty and clear up until about 1 month ago. The water at that point started to get a brown tinged cloudy. I have done water changes to no avail. The water parameters are all WNL amm-0 nitrites-0 and nitrates 10. The fish are all happy. Cories laying eggs, baby platy growing like crazy. I just want my clear water back so I can see my pretty babies better! Help!!!!

2. g

gunner13 Well Known Member Member

Sounds like an algae bloom, not really alot you can do but ride it out. I had one a while back and just blacked the tank out for 5 days only turning the lights on at feeding, worked for me.
    Nick

Contradicted myself by saying not alot you can do, DUH, Black out mate.

3. navyscuba

navyscuba Well Known Member Member

what you are having is probably diatoms it will go away on its own. No reason to worry.

4. b

bubblefish Valued Member Member

5. OP
    OP
    a

No driftwood. The water has been cloudy for going on 2-3 weeks now.

6. OP
    OP
    a

brown cloudy water

Sorry for reposting but I am not sure what happened to my thread... can not seem to find it. My problem is brownish cloudy water for a couple of weeks. My water parameters are fine 0-0-10. Fish are happy... water is just ugly. We have now started to notice build up on the walls of the tank. Is this algae?? What can I do to fix this problem?

7. navyscuba

navyscuba Well Known Member Member

If is like Brownish is Diatoms. How long has the tank been cycled?

8. peacemaker92

peacemaker92 Well Known Member Member

9. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Aquarium Dunce,

:animal0068:I have merged your two threads (thanks peacemaker) and moved it to the Aquarium Water/Cloudy Water section of the forum.

Thanks!
    Ken

10. OP
    OP
    a

tank has been cycled for a few months now

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice