cloudy water 30 Gallon Tank

1. gsg623 Initiate Member

Hello All.
    I'm having an issue with cloudy water.My profile is up to date.Hope that will help. I've been reading other threads here with same issues.I think my filter is doing its job but I noticed the carbon in the replacment filters dont seem to be enough.

Is there a certain amount needed to help keep the water clear?If so,how would I add more without wrecking the filter?

2. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

do you change the carbon every 3 weeks or so? and do you leave the rest of the filter media in the tank, or do you change it too?

3. gsg623 Initiate Member

I change the filter(which has the carbon built in) every3-4wks and leave the 2nd part of the filter media untouched..

4. Neji Member Member

I suggest that you do 25% to 50% of water changes once or twice a week. That usually does help get rid of the cloudy water. The other way of possibly getting out cloudy water is to not feed too much like just feed once a day. Two or three times a day is wayyy too much (I doubt you feed your fishes three times a day) Uhm... I'm pretty sure that there is this product in where you live called "Accu-Clear" it grabs small particles in your tank water and then grabs them and clumps them up together and then they will eventually get sucked up into the filter or down to the gravel or sand and then when you siphon your tank they will be sucked in either into the filter or into the vacuum into the bucket or sink.

5. agabr123 Fishlore VIP Member

cloudy water could be a bacterial bloom, have you added any new fish recently?