Cloudy water

JaksAquatics

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I didn't know where else to put this but I helped my teacher with her aquarium and she asked me if I knew what the cloudy water was and I personally haven't had it happen to me before so if any of you can explaine what this is it
Screenshot 2020-03-31 at 4.19.43 PM.png
would be greatly appreciated!

Gel0city

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
It could be a bacterial bloom if the tank is new and is still cycling. That's a sign that you are doing something correctly!

OP
JaksAquatics

JaksAquatics

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Gel0city said:
It could be a bacterial bloom if the tank is new and is still cycling. That's a sign that you are doing something correctly!
this tank has been running for a long time though and the fish and everything have been in there for quite a while

Gel0city

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Did you recently do a gravel vacuum? Any other additives that you added in your tank?

It could also still be a bacterial bloom if you recently added a lot of fish that increased your bio load. The sudden increase in bio load could make it harder for your filter to keep up.

OP
JaksAquatics

JaksAquatics

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Gel0city said:
Did you recently do a gravel vacuum? Any other additives that you added in your tank?

It could also still be a bacterial bloom if you recently added a lot of fish that increased your bio load. The sudden increase in bio load could make it harder for your filter to keep up.
You have to remember this isn't my tank it's my teacher's so I can tell you what I know. I'll ask her if she did a gravel vac recently and she I don't think she added any new fish

New Threads