Cloudy Water

JohnA96

Reaction score
Hey guys so I haven't had this problem in a while. But it seems after my water change my water has been cloudy. I have done everything the same, the only thing is that I used a different water conditioner I was using the api stress coat with aloe. I switched to the basic api conditioner . The other thing is that I changed out one of my filters. My hob filter can hold two so I replaced the one that has been there for a while as it was deteriorating. Fish and all seem perfectly fine

NC122606

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hey guys so I haven't had this problem in a while. But it seems after my water change my water has been cloudy. I have done everything the same, the only thing is that I used a different water conditioner I was using the api stress coat with aloe. I switched to the basic api conditioner . The other thing is that I changed out one of my filters. My hob filter can hold two so I replaced the one that has been there for a while as it was deteriorating. Fish and all seem perfectly fine
After water change? What substrate do you have, if it is sand then it should be cloudy from being kicked up.

OP
J

JohnA96

Reaction score
I just have gravel. Also I changed the water last night . This is the first time it got cloudy like this so I didn't know if. It was maybe cuz I replaced one of the filters so I assumed. Bacterial bloom wanted to know other opinions

NC122606

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I just have gravel. Also I changed the water last night . This is the first time it got cloudy like this so I didn't know if. It was maybe cuz I replaced one of the filters so I assumed. Bacterial bloom wanted to know other opinions
I think that is the problem right there, did you take the media or sponge from your old filter into the new filter? If not that is the problem because replacing a filter is like having a new tank.

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Sounds like a bacteria bloom. When a cartridge deteriorates just take the useless floss off and keep the frame and re wrap it with some polyfill it will save you a ton of $ in the long run instead of changing cartridges.

Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Weekly

Votes: 32 62.7%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Monthly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 10 19.6%

Top Bottom